Chapter 18

Rose's POV

(The night Brandon died)

I am in bed comforting Ethan because of his brother's death. I wonder how my sister Annie is doing. Poor girl I knew she was feeling the effects of her soulmates death. I knew Brandon was her soulmate because of how Brandon's wings matched Annie's. We barely see each other because I work at Derek's castle and she works at Dylan's castle.

(Present Day)

I can't believe Annie killed Dylan. I heard that Elena had a baby today. Dean Stiles Reed.

Damon's POV

It is raining during my father's funeral. I see Elena off to the side holding our newborn  baby boy. Dean starts crying because he is hungry or something, Elena is trying to comfort our son but it is not working. Finally, I just walk over to them and put a hand on Dean's head and he stops crying. Elena is a great mom it has been a week since Dean's been born. The priest begins to speak.  "I'm sorry Damon.", she says.

"It's not your fault", I say. "It's Annie's." She puts her hand on my arm and I look into her eyes. After the funeral I rock Dean to sleep and go to bed.

-Dream-

"Son, if I die promise me something.", he says.

"Yes, dad.", my 6 year old self says.

"I want you to not get revenge on the person who kills me. I have a lot of enemies, and I have done a lot of bad things.", he says. "Promise me."

"I promise.", I say.

-End of Dream-

"I promise.", I whisper. "Well some promises are meant to be broken." Elena is still sleeping. So, I go down to the cells. I walk to Annie's cell and I unlock her cell and step in and close the door.

"What are you doing in here?", she asks.

"I think you know.", I say. "You killed my father." I pick up some torturing tools and when I am done with torturing her...she is dead. At least she is with her soulmate now. I go upstairs and wash my hands. I get back into bed with Elena, and sleep the rest of the night. I wake up to my son crying,  I get up and change him. When  I am done he is doing baby noises and I put him down on the bed and he crawls toward Elena and curls up beside her and falls asleep. I will protect her and my son because I love them too much to loose them. Next thing I know I get a call.