2 - Somebody

/Chapter 2\

"Okay, with a show of hands, who is new this year?" Kamryn exclaimed. Isabelle's hand popped up immediately, with me hesitantly behind her. "Two people so far? Alright, I'll explain it again when more people get here. At Winter Guard practices, the first thing we do is stretch. We don't want to be doing work and pull something because we didn't stretch." It seemed slightly exaggerated that we would pull something while doing things, but not unrealistic. "Let's go ahead and get into a circle."

"Won't it be kind of hard to do that since we are in here?" Isabelle questioned, her eyes narrowed.

"No," Lizzie answered. Everyone soon got into a small circle, with Hope and Isabelle on each side of me and Patrick in front of me. I felt uncomfortable and insecure with him right there. It gave him a better chance to look at me, and although I liked that he took attention to me, I didn't want him to look at me unless he had to.

"Okay, so we start with the arms," Kamryn instructed as she turned to Hope. "It's a partner activity. You put one of your hands on the other's shoulder as they do the same with you. Then, you turn a little bit so that your arm gets stretched. Remember, if you don't feel a burn, you aren't working hard enough!" She placed her right hand on Hope's right shoulder, with Hope doing the same. After that, they turned away from each other with their hands still in place. That actually seemed like it would be kind of painful. Suddenly, Isabelle grabbed my arm.

"Be my partner!" she demanded, and not knowing what else to do, I nodded to accept it. She smiled and placed her right hand on my right shoulder. I did the same, and we both leaned the other way. My shoulder felt as if it would rip off. After a couple seconds, a groan slipped out of my lips, and Isabelle laughed. "Having a rough time stretching your arm?"

"I'm out of shape, what do you expect?" I huffed, blowing a loose piece of hair out of my face. She laughed again and shook her head.

"Other arm!" Kamryn called, and when we switched to the other arm, my muscles were surprised just as much as they were with the first arm. However, this time, I didn't let a groan escape my throat. We waited for a few seconds before Kam stopped us. "Okay, now, we are going to do individual stretches. Hope, you can lead it from here."

"Alright," Hope announced, clearing her throat. "Up." She raised her head up slowly to the point where she can see the ceiling, and I follow suit. "Down." Coughing a little, she lowered her head slowly to where she can see the floor. Still completely watching her, I did the same. That's how it stayed the entire time: she would do a stretch, and I would try to mirror her actions. Overall, the stretches were not hard, but they were physically demanding. One example would be the baby seal: you started out on your stomach but pushed yourself up so that your arms were locked and your torso was off the ground. Although it was hard, it was probably my favorite.

"Okay, so after stretching, we will normally do warmups with the equipment, but since today is the first day, we aren't going to do that," Kam explained, smirking at the end of the sentence. "We are going to learn about the show and what everyone will be doing."

"Can I do a quad in the new show?" Lizzie immediately piped up, a desperate look in her eyes. I had no idea what a quad was, but it sounded dangerous already. "I've been practicing it the whole summer."

"She really has been," Quinn added on. "Every single day, she took Hermes outside and threw quads constantly until she caught them right." Hermes? What?

"Dedication right there," Patrick commented. Kam's face made her appear as if she was thinking, and after a minute, she sighed.

"We'll see," she cautiously answered, and Lizzie grinned. "Now, I've actually been conflicted between two shows, so I wanted to see what you guys wanted to do."

"As long as both of them are good shows, then I'm fine," Patrick remarked.

"I think they're pretty good shows. Anyway, the first one is called 'Secrets', and we would use the OneRepublic song. It would be about two people trying to reconnect and get back together. The second one would be 'Somebody', using Queen's 'Somebody To Love'. Basically, it's about the song: finding someone to love, wanting to get out of a lonely rut. So, yes, there will be romance, chemistry, drama, all of that. Which one do you guys want?" The group of us stayed silent. "Come on, you guys are getting to choose it this year! And, you all are getting to choose it before the others even get to hear about them. You get the power here!"

"I'll vote for Queen," Lizzie exclaimed, with her brother doing the same.

"Same here," Quinn chimed in.

"Yeah," Patrick and Hope said at the same time, and Hope turned to glance at him. "Don't look at me like that, Hope. It's happened way too many times to count." She rolled her eyes and turned back around.

"Sounds fine," I finally answered.

"So the majority is agreeing with Somebody?" Kam clarified, and everyone nodded. "Oh, it's everyone. Well, that decides that."

"How long will it take to learn the work and stuff?" Isabelle squeaked.

"Maybe about five weeks, give or take." Little did I know that these five weeks would be the beginning of a totally new lifestyle.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

AN: hello! sorry it's short but oh well. new chapter of "The Flier", yay! i really have nothing to say except to look at the note after this. it might clarify a thing for you. anyway, please comment and vote! five votes... can we get it to seven? and we've already had one comment... can we get it up to three maybe? :) thanks for bearing with the slow update, haha

(NOTE: a quad - four complete turns on a Color/Winter Guard rifle/sabre.)