Common Question: What's it like to see 2D?

As someone with VPD or Visual Processing Disorder, I have found that not a lot of people know what that is. Even more so people don't understand it. When someone has VPD their brain is fine, as well as their eyes, but it's the connection to the brain that acts as a loss wire. There's many symptoms that stem from VPD, but today I will just be discussing one of them, depth perception. Even more specifically I'll be discussing what that looks like.

When I tell people that I can't or rather couldn't see three-dimensional, they tend to look at me like I'm crazy.

Common Phrases:

"That doesn't make sense."

"That's BS."

"So is everything kind of like paper to you?" (This one is the most common of all three)

The answers, yes it does, no it's not, and no.

Depth perception is basically distance in way. For example, if you have two cars and one is closer to you then the other. You're twenty feet away from Car A and thirty feet away from Car B. The typical person would know that Car A is closer, but someone without depth perception would have a hard time seeing which one is closer. For the most part they would look about the same.

I've heard of depth perception being cured by surgery, but mine was taken care of by the use of visual therapy. It's not fun and lasts about six months depending on the person. Let me know if you want me to do a part about vision therapy and my experience?