Chapter 5 - Hired Thugs

It is day 3 and Savos is getting bored just waiting for Donjar to awaken. Suddenly he hears a growl, so he stands up and looks around. Savos was walking along the road out of Riverwood towards Helgen following the river, taking in the views as he went. All of a sudden, two black wolves thrust out of the push but are instantly killed by Savos' new adept fire spell. Savos pants and sits down by the side of the river, watching a fisherman nearby. From looking down the river, Savos can see Riverwood, the falls and Whiterun in the far distance.

"Mage!" a warrior wearing steel armour shouted at Savos as he slumbered.

“Yes?” Savos replied standing up,

“Are you associated with the College of Winterhold?” the warrior asked,

"Yes I am, what do you need?” Savos said, taking a step forward.

"Have you heard of Savos Aren? We have some unsettled business” the warrior asked. Savos just ran, not even thinking about what might happen. He pushed through the bushes and groves and made his way to Riverwood where he hid behind the wood mill, watching for the Hired Thugs. Surely enough  they came running in not too far afterwards, but by then had lost Savos.

To Savos’ surprise a personal courier ran up to the Thugs moments after they ran in,

“You haven’t heard of the whereabouts of Savos Aren have you?” the courier asked, scratching his hat. Before Savos could think about what could happen next one of the three thugs pulls out a battle axe and kills the courier, all of the guards being alerted and running after them. In the middle of the small village a massive fight breaks out. Savos joined in and used bolts of fire to kill off the last of the thugs. The aftermath of the fight is huge, 3 dead hired thugs, a dead courier and 2 dead guards.

“I believe these belong to you, you’re lucky those thugs were stupid, I don’t know how you angered something that much” a guard said walking up to Savos.

“Thank you” Savos replied taking the 2 notes. One read the following:

‘To Savos Aren,

I am writing to inform you that your dearest friend Donjar has woken and we require your immediate attendance at the temple of Kynareth in Whiterun,

The Preistess’

And the other read,

‘I want Savos dead, bring the news to me, but no physical evidence with the payment of 200 gold septims each,

Atmah’

Savos dropped onto his knees and put his hand over his head, he had to tell Deneth of this betrayal. But putting the bad thoughts aside he had to get to Whiterun and see Donjar. And so Savos ran.

To Whiterun.