Birds of a Feather

//Continuation of Clipped Wings

Genji sighed as he watched you took off into the sky once more. The Commanders had given you specific details about your mission, which he wondered why they continue to do so. He was sitting on the field, trying to meditate, to calm himself from any form of provocation or a sudden attack.

"There you are, Genji." The southern drawl of the young man broke his bubble. He opened one of his eye, sending a signal to McCree to continue what he had to say. "It's time for yer' sparring."

Genji nodded his head before taking his time to stand up. He gave the sky one last glance, sending a message to know that you would be alright. McCree just took another drag of his cigar as he watched Genji, another recruit to Blackwatch. He doesn't want to know what lengths did Reyes invite him. Everyone know the deal, "You either rot in prison or come with me."

His ears perked when he saw you, landing ever so gently, like an Angel that had descended from Heaven.

To greet Genji.

McCree let out a puff as he watched the scene in front of him unfold. Genji's aura had changed when you came into his bubble. It had the aura of calm and truth to be told, he was shocked that only you can make him to be at ease. Usually, Genji would give everyone his cold glare and snide comments. You? He was a different man. What did you do to Genji? Is what McCree is wondering through his head.

• • •

"Hey Genji!" You floated above the ground, before making a safe landing. You had been flying for a few hours just to test your new equipment and boy, it was a hold lot of league than your old one. As you were up in the sky, your attention was caught when Genji looked up and gaze towards you. You think that he wanted to have a small chat with him as you slowly went down. Back to the ground.

"Greetings, (Last name)." His eyes had the spark. He was smiling with them. Same goes to his voice. "I had notice that your flying had change into more... of a graceful state." He tried to find words to compliment you.

In return, you gave him your smile. The smile that wash away his pain and suffering. Oh, how he miss them. "Thank you, glad you notice it. Thank Winston for this new upgrade."

"I see," Once again, he lowered his optics. The red light dimmer.

"Is that McCree?" You had peered over his shoulder to noticed that the young Cowboy was leaning on the pillar, watching this scene with his eyes.

"Ah, I have a sparring match. Would you like to accompany me?" Genji's mind reminded him of his duty. He wanted you to join him, to be his anchor. His light in the dark hallway. "If you are not busy, I presume." He blurted the last part out.

You let out a hum, making you into your thinking mode. "Seeing that I have the day off, I don't see why not."

So, the both of you, including McCree went to the Sparring Room. Walking together. McCree just trail from the both of you, studying Genji sudden change of talk.

You and Genji are just having a conversation with each other. You told him what you did today, anything new to be discussed or it was Genji that nod his head when you look at him.

The Eagle had landed once more, to accompany the Sparrow. It knows that the other birds are making a fuss about the Sparrow. Seeing how small and fragile it is, compare to the Eagle who was big and strong. After all, birds must stick together.

No matter the size or the species.

• • •

"He's improving," You mumbled behind the glass. McCree had left, to train some new recruits that Reyes invited them into Blackwatch. As for your equipment, it had changed its appearance to a backpack. Your eyes widened in amazement as you watched the slick and quick movement he make. The bots fell down, one by one in a flash.

The Agents that were maintaining his body, murmured in agreement. Genji was getting better and dear lord, his skills are getting polished. As for his appearance, they are in a work in progress.

You glanced over your shoulder, studying the clock. Just a few more hours before the next mission buzz. Before changing your attention back to Genji.

The wing is slowly getting better. The Sparrow would stretch and move but it still won't flap. Its mind become trouble but when the Eagle came over to brought food for it, the Eagle titled its head to wonder what the Sparrow is doing. It soon understood why.

The Eagle slowly reveal its own wing and started to show the Sparrow how to flap the wing. The Sparrow slowly but in a slow motion, did it best. Once it did, it quickly chirp, in a happy tone.

If only the Eagle would-no, the Sparrow thought. Its asking too much.

• • •

"Just this once, Morrison." Reyes lips went into a thin line when he was discussing with Morrison, Amari and their boss, the Director Petras. He eyed the screen that showed the Director, solemn look plastered onto his face.

"Seeing that my daughter," The Director coughed. "Adopted one is getting better with her current situation, I wouldn't mine that she work with a Blackwatch Agent."

What do you mean, current situation? Reyes's brows furrowed. What is happening to their Eagle? Is she fit for flight or forever stay grounded. Everyone had a soft spot towards (Name). Her skills had helped them in every mission. Few had been injured and the death toll had tried to stay down. Civilians were rescued and her reputation was getting known. Almost the same height as Morrison but she doesn't care. She only cared about the skies.

They wouldn't want another broken bird, now would they?

• • •

"Something on your mind, Genji?" Angela's voice cut through his troubling mind. She was checking his vitals and take notes of his blood.

Genji didn't reply, the only thing the doctor got was silence. She shrugged it off and went back onto her work.

If only the Sparrow would ride the Eagle's back, feeling the wind brushed against its feathers. The wind would eased its pain.

If only the Eagle would listen to its soft plead.

- -
im slowly letting them build each other up
also also, this is getting to addictive
are you guys enjoying this au? Cuz I sure hell am