I Just See The Sky

Full credit to hellofanimagination on tumblr ((:

***

It’s your two year anniversary and Ryan wants it to be special so he drives you out to Butchart Gardens and you turn the radio up way too loud. You sing along to Fall Out Boy songs and Ryan keeps his hand on your leg as he speeds down the road. It’s warm outside, but not unpleasantly so, as you stretch happily in the sun when you finally reach your destination. Ryan comes up behind you and wraps his arms around your waist, where your shirt has ridden up, as you lean back into him so he kisses your cheek making you smile.

“Come on,” He grins, taking your hand and leading you into the garden.

You swing your hands between you, loving how Ryan’s floral shirt seems to match every flower you see. It’s bright and soft, a contrast to his dark jeans but a perfect match to the silly flower crown you made him a few days ago, which he refuses to take off. You lean into him as you walk, bright blooming flowers lining the walkways and trees towering high above you. You can hear birds singing someplace to your left but you can’t see them, only a bench crowded by purple flowers and spiralled trees--one of which must hold a bird’s nest.

“You look so beautiful,” Ryan says and you blush, squeezing his hand.

You and Ryan spend hours waking through the seemingly endless garden, reading about the wild flowers and laughing about some of the unpronounceable names. As the sun starts to dip, the fairy lights wound up in the trees flip on and Ryan starts making jokes, silly, stupid, plant jokes.

“What do you get when you plant kisses?” Ryan asks with a smile and you giggle before you even answer.

“I don’t know, what?”

“Tulips!” He laughs and you melt at the sound, blushing and just watching him smile. He looks so beautiful and you almost trip over yourself because you get lost watching him.

Ryan pulls you down a smaller walkway after a few more pun filled jokes, leading you towards the sound of water and a large amount of red flowers. Your heart skips a beat when you see Ryan smiling at you with a sparkling pond behind him and a seemingly endless amount of red roses around him. There are large trees spiralling up and keeping this area hidden, lights twinkling from the leaves and deep inside the bushes of red. It looks almost magical, like you stepped into a fairy tale and Ryan’s your hippy prince. You blush and step into his embrace, breathing in the smell of flowers and vanilla that always seems to accompany him.  

“You know these have been the best two years of my life,” Ryan says, gentle blush on his cheeks, “You make every day the best day.”

“You’re so cheesy.” You giggle and Ryan pinches your sides making you jump.

“Stop talking and listen to my loving confession.” He teases and you roll your eyes, and kiss his jaw, allowing him to continue.

“I used to be really scared of falling completely in love with you,” He admits softly and you lean a little closer. “I was always so sure you would leave, that you would hurt me, now I see how wrong I was.”

You always knew Ryan had issues during the beginning of your relationship but it’s nice to hear him admit it, especially hearing him say it all in past tense. He trusts you, he loves you with all his heart and you couldn’t ask for more. You earned his trust and he earned yours, you both fell together completely and so easily. You can understand why it scared him, but you’re thankful that he isn’t scared anymore.

“I’m not scared. I don’t see potential for pain or loss anymore. When I look at you, all I see is the sky, I see bright stars and the potential for us to reach the moon and keep going. I’m in love with you, Y/N, and I can see us being together forever.”

Your chest feels tight, heart skipping beats with each word he says, and when he finally stops he’s blushing and you can’t stop yourself from kissing him. You lean forward and press your lips to his, kissing him soft and slow, brimming with love. He cups your face and you press yourself as close to him as you can, unable to stop yourself from imagining this as a scene in a princess movie.

“I love you to the moon and back,” You giggle, breaking the kiss, and Ryan laughs.

***

Slowly but surely I'm working on more imagines for you all ((: