Chapter 3

Before anyone knew it, Bruce and Percy were closer than anyone knew a person can get

   Before anyone knew it, Bruce and Percy were closer than anyone knew a person can get. They knew everything about each other. They had rare fights between them but always made up after the fight.

   It usually was Percy that apologized, which was hard to believe when someone would hear because she was VERY stubborn. But, Bruce was even more stubborn than she was so he easily won.

   What at first made Percy really bored was that when they had nothing to do, Bruce would drag her into a room that he made Alfred set up a whiteboard in. He would give her a seat and he would teach her what he had learned the day before or that day in school.

   Percy usually hated learning, but she found that with Bruce it was fun. The only thing that ruined these sessions of theirs was when one of them had to go home early and they couldn't finish. Bruce had a way of teaching that drew her attention. He even sometimes made her stand up and move around a table in circles while reciting whatever he said. They made it into a game. He would give her something like an equation, and she would keep repeating it while moving around the circular table. After like two minutes of saying it, each time going faster than the last, he would give her a question where she would have to use what she learned to use. If she got it right she would get a couple pieces of candy and they would move on to playing something.

   The funny thing was that because if these sessions, she was a straight-A student. At first, her mom was suspicious of how Percy was getting good grades when all she did was hang out with Bruce. She even asked Alfred about it after Percy 'zipped her lips' in a way to signal she wasn't going to tell.

   Alfred told her to follow him one day and she did. Alfred took her to a room and let her peek in. In the room was Bruce teaching Percy, and Percy enthusiastically replying.

   Sally smiled then went back to talking with Alfred while helping him make dinner for them. Alfred lost the battle long ago about Sally helping him so he just stopped insisting that she not help. After he stopped, he got a new cooking buddy.

   One day, as Percy came home from a failed field trip, she went straight for Bruce. Bruce always seemed to find a way to cheer her up when she gets expelled from a school. They found it a joke between them now whenever Percy would have to go on a field trip.

   He even sometimes yells out to her "Don't blow up this one!" as a joke when she heads towards the car to get to school.

    He sees how Percy reacts whenever she gets kicked out of school. It happens every year. The first three times it happened, she was scared about how her mother would react. She was also a crying mess because she tried her hardest to be good in school then something happens and gets her kicked out.

   The fourth time it happened, she started to loosen up more and started to laugh at it. She would greet Sally with an "um.....sorry?" whenever she got kicked out and Sally didn't know yet. That sentence led Sally to figure out that she got expelled. Again.