Chapter 19

The next day, once Dick said his goodbyes to the circus and the circus folks, he found himself being led towards a car that held Percy, Bruce, and Alfred

    Percy had her arm wrapped around Dicks shoulders as she led him out of the car that Alfred had been driving them home in.

     Cameras flashed and people yelled out questions, aiming them mainly at Bruce but occasionally towards Percy and rarely to Dick.

     "This is it. I'll get your bags." Bruce said to Dick as a bag flew out of somewhere, most probably the car.

    "Don't answer anything you don't want to." Percy whispered into Dicks ear as she led him towards the front doors of the manor.

    How did people get into the manor grounds because of the gates? Simple. Alfred kept them open for a time longer than necessary, which led to many slipping through the gates AMD chasing the car so that they could question them. Even some news stations were there.

     As Alfred opened the large doors of the manor to let the trio in, he quickly went to the paparazzi and turned down all their question, demanding that they returned to minding their own business.

     Once they were inside and Alfred hastily shut the doors for the manor, Percy turned towards Dick and led him up the staircase while Alfred opened up many of the windows so to let light into the manor.

    "I hope you find this room to your liking." Alfred told Dick once he reached the boys new room and opened up the blinds. "It was master Bruce's when he was your age."

     "I practically lived in this room too when ever I was over - which was most of the time" Percy spoke to Dick, hoping to lighten up the room by not bringing up his parents because that never helps.

     Dick looked around the room before Bruce went up to him and rested his hand on his shoulder. "Look Dick, it's not gonna be easy. You have to take it a day at a time." He said, trying to comfort him in a way that doesn't really work because he wasn't really used to comforting anyone except Percy.

      Bruce then continued, "But for however long it takes, to you have a home with us."

     Dick then closed his eyes for a couple of seconds, probably to gather up his courage to speak, before answering back. "Thanks Mr Wayne."

    "Bruce." He corrects, connecting eyes with Dick while giving him a smile. Percy's heart was officially melting and she couldn't help it.

    "Bruce." Dick tried, giving him a smile in return.

    "Come sir, I do believe master Dick will need some time to settle in." Alfred told Bruce before he and Bruce walked out of the room.

    Percy stayed behind though, wanting to watch over Dick and wanting to get to know him.