Butterbeer and Blasted News

Icy's first week at Hogwarts was terrible. The only people who would talk to her were Fred and George Weasley, and that was simply because they found it funny that everyone was absolutely terrified of her. They would walk her to classes, and every time she entered a room and someone screamed a little, they would joke about "Icy Peverell's here to disembowel you! She'll Avada you without even thinking twice. She eats babies for breakfast!"

Somehow, the twins made things a bit better. But every night, Icy yearned for Sirius. The security around the castle had tightened, forcing him to move out, into the Shrieking Shack.

One day after Defense Against the Dark Arts, Icy stayed behind to talk to Professor Lupin. Harry stayed as well.

"Professor?"

"Yes Icy?"

"Will you teach me how to fight the Dementors? My worst fear is just that. Fear itself. I fear, fear. Not death, or even Voldemort. Fear. And I want to conquer it," Icy hadn't noticed Harry, and Remus nodded. "I was practically immune to those things in Azkaban, and for some reason, I'm not out here."

"Certainly. Would it be alright, Harry, if Icy was to join our lessons, after the holidays?"

Harry nodded, and Icy smiled brightly. "Thank you!"

That day, when Icy entered the common room, she found everyone crowded around the noticeboard. "There's a Hogsmeade trip coming up!" shouted a girl.

"We can do all our Christmas shopping there!" said Hermione. "Mum and Dad would really love those toothflossing stringmints from Honeydukes!"

Icy sighed. She figured that she would be the only third year staying behind. But she was very wrong. Harry stayed at Hogwarts as well.

The two were walking down a corridor, after saying goodbye to Hermione and Ron, when there was a whisper.

"Past- Harry! Icy!"

The two turned, halfway along the third-floor corridor, to see Fred and George, peering out behind the statue of the humpbacked one-eyes witch. Icy grinned. "The secret passage!"

"What are you going here?" asked Harry curiously. "How come you're not going to Hogsmeade?"

"We've come to give the two of you a bit of a festive cheer before we go," said Fred, winking. "Come in here..."

He nodded towards an empty classroom to the left of the one-eyed stature. Harry and Icy followed the twins inside, and George close the door before turning, beaming to look at them.

"Early Christmas present for you two," he said.

Fred pulled something from inside his cloak with a flourish and laid it on one of the desks. It was a large, square, very worn piece of parchment with nothing written on it. Icy gasped, and Harry just stared at it.

"What's that supposed to be?"

"The Marauders Map," Icy whispered, running her fingers along the parchment.

"This beauty, is the secret of our success," said George, patting it fondly.

"It's a real wrench, giving it to you," said Fred, "but she e decided last night, your needs are greater than ours."

"Anyway, we know it off by heart," said George. "We bequeath it to you. We don't really need it anymore."

"And what do we need with a bit of old parchment?" said Harry.

"A bit of old parchment!" exclaimed Fred, closing his eyes with a grimace as though Harry had mortally offended him. "George, explain."

"Well... When we were in our first year, Harry- young, carefree, and innocent-"