Christmas

That trip to Hagrid's had mended the trio and Icy's friendship, and meanwhile, Christmas decorations had been put up around the school, despite the fact that hardly any students remained to enjoy them. Thick streamers of lights shone from inside every shit or armour and the Great Hall was filled with twelve Christmas trees, glittering with golden stars. A powerful and delicious smell of cooking pervaded the corridors, Icy loved it.

On Christmas morning, Hermione shook her awake.

"Presents!" she exclaimed happily. "Ron and I told our parents about you- and look!"

At the foot of Icy's bed was a pile of brightly wrapped parcels, nearing the size of Hermione's pile. She smiled brightly. "This is the first Christmas, that I can remember being given anything."

Hermione carefully unfolded a beautiful pink wrapping on her first box, and she grinned when she found the stack of books it held.

When Icy opened a lumpy package near the top, a light green, woolen jumper, with an 'I' embroidered on the front fell out. She put it on over her nightgown, and Hermione did the same with one that she received. She pulled a tag off of the package, which she noticed also contained an abundance of bakes goods.

"Icy Peverell," she began reading the tag, "My sons, Fred, George and Ronald have written to me to inform me that you are not a murderer at all, but a good friend to them. I'd like to thank you for being there for my sons, and I wish you well on your journey through Hogwarts. You are ALWAYS welcome at The Burrow, our home. I've sent an owl to Professor Dumbledore, to ask about your residence over the summer. Best wishes, and Happy Christmas to you.

Mrs. Molly Weasley"

"That's so sweet of those three," remarked Hermione, and Icy hugged the jumper happily. She moved on to the next gift, a parcel of sweets. "They're from my Mum and Dad, but they've no idea of your past."

"I'll have to write them a thank you letter," Icy said. "Who's this one from?"

"Me," Hermione smiled, and Icy tore apart the envelope. Inside was a list of names. "To get rid of the security troll, I brought it around and the twins threatened people into signing."

"That sounds like them," Icy placed the paper onto her nightstand carefully, and opened the rest of her gifts, until there was just one remaining. A small, heavy package, stamped with a paw print.

"Who's that from?" asked Hermione, and Icy grinned.

"Sirius Black"

"Open it," urged Hermione, and Icy carefully unwrapped the parcel, revealing a small brown leather purse. She opened it to find that it had been magically extended, and gasped.

"There's a freaking room in this thing!" she exclaimed, opening it as widely as she could, and climbing in. It was just a small room, with shelves around it, a mirror on the wall, and a silver ring with an onyx in it, laying on a palmistry hand. There was a note attached.

Ice-
I've been missing you so much these past months, and I figure that it'll be easier to ask this with a gift. This bag belonged to my aunt Cassiopeia, one of the less wretched family members. She left it to me along with a ring, instructing me to give it to my first-born daughter.

And you are as close to family as I've ever been. And I'd very much like, when my name is cleared, to adopt you. I found an old photo, of me holding baby Harry, introducing him to Remus and James as if they hadn't met him before, and I used this muggle computer program, Photoshop, to change Harry to you as a baby. It's rather hilarious. I can show it to you... meet me by the Gryffindor common room fire at midnight.