Escape From Reality: Prompt by @BBCanimefangirl

This is written off of a prompt by BBCanimefangirl. Go and check out her prompt book because it's great.
_____________________________________

After hours of filming and editing, Logan and Patton had finally convinced Thomas to go to bed. It was already 1 AM and Thomas had much to do the next day. After sinking back to the mind-space, Logan called Roman to accompany him to the memory storage. The memory storage was where recordings of the day were kept. It's also where Thomas's dreams were produced. In the back, there was a gigantic shelf with a collection of over hundreds of dreams made by the sides.

Depending on Thomas's mood, a dream clip from the chosen side would be picked and sent to Thomas's mind to influence his own dreams. For instance, if Thomas were to be stressing over an audition, thinking of ways to wow the directors, then Prince would be chosen to select a dream from his shelf. Right now, Logan looked over the monitor to see what thoughts Thomas were having. His face fell.

Thomas had gone on a date that day and had been thinking about all the possible things that could go wrong. Logan tried to see if he could do anything to alter the thoughts but they kept reverting back to the date. With a heavy sigh, Logan turned towards Roman, who stood at the shelf, waiting for the sensible trait to tell him what to pick from. Logan's eyes drifted towards the darker side's shelf and the Prince stared in disbelief.

"You must be kidding me?" the fanciful trait stretched.

"Unfortunately not."

Roman marched towards the panel, determined to chose someone else.

"Have you not tried swaying Thomas's thoughts from any anxious encounter his poor soul might have endured?"

Logan sighed once more, knowing that the stubborn prince was far too "noble" to give up.

"Yes, of course I tried. It would be illogical for me not to. However, my tactics did not work, and if we further try to lure Thomas's thoughts from his anxious ones, they could mix and cause a total malfunction. And we would not want that, now would we?"

Before prince could counter, Patton walked into the storage area, panting.

"Okay kiddos, he's drifted off into his first stage of REM. Have you gotten the dream ready?"

"Not exactly. We have to choose one of Anxiety's dreams."

Patton looked a bit surprised. Especially seeing that they've never chosen from the anxious trait before.

"Well then. I guess, Roman, you better get choosing."

"YOU'RE OKAY WITH THIS?!" Roman shouted shocked.

"Now there, Prince, just calm down. We can't really get upset. It's the way the rules go. Besides, we've never seen anyone of the sport's dreams before. We can't really-"

"Oh yes we certainly can! His darkness is literally anxiety. It screams nightmares! Logan you can't tell me you don't agree, especially since what I said is pure reasoning."

Logan hesitated.

"While what you said is not reasoning exactly, it is quite a good example on how choosing one of Anxiety's dreams can cause Thomas to have nightmares on his own."

The parental trait huffed, feeling very disappointed.

"I can't believe you two. Now yes, it's clear that the kiddo suffers a bit with his own problems, but for you guys to be so harsh about it is unacceptable. And so what if it gives Thomas nightmares? We'll be there to comfort him."

"So that's how you all feel?"

Everyone's head snapped towards the doorway. Anxiety was standing right there, tears down his face.

"Anxiety-"

"Save it, Patton. I heard everything."

Morality cringed at the use of his first name. Anxiety's never called him anything other than dad.

"Look Anxiety, we didn't mean to seem so harsh-"

Roman was cut off with a dark chuckle.

"Didn't mean to seem so harsh? You honestly must think I'm that damn stupid to listen to your bullshit."

"Anxiety-"

"You freaked the fuck out when you found out you had to chose from my shelf."

"Fine, you know what, I did. But that's only because we're trying to help Thomas. You already stress him out enough with the pressing thoughts during the day, he doesn't need your "extra help" at night. As harsh as it may sound, we don't want you pestering Thomas with your dreams at night."

Anxiety stood there, upset and infuriated. However, he wiped his face clean with a look of nonchalance.

"You know what, you're right Princey. Have fun with the dream picking, assholes."

Before Anxiety exited the room, he turned back and pointed to the shelf.

"And might I suggest dream 21c. You'll have a field day with that one."

Anxiety left without another word. The other facets stood there, taken back by the younger trait's rather calm outburst. With slight curiosity, Patton walked over to the shelf and chose box 21. From it, he grabbed disc C and put it in the preview player. What the dream revealed but the traits to pure shame and shock.

It portrayed a younger version of Anxiety, playing his guitar to baby versions of Missy and Pranks. The bags under his eyes were light gray and his smile was genuine. The guilt was more than apparent on everyone's face. From then, Morality began playing different dreams out of the box. Every single one of them were good dreams. They couldn't even be swayed into bad dreams.

Patton turned to the other sides with a look of heart break on his face.

"What did we just do."
_____________________________________

Sorrehhh, Sorreh everybodyyyyy (I hope someone gets this reference) but seriously, sorry for the inconsistency guys. This would've been sooner, but I was sick and there was no one else to update in my place. Other than that, you guys like? I'm used to writing things with more of a fluff foundation, but Moj gave me this idea and I had to use it. Do you guys like it or is it trash? Don't worry, I take criticism well. Anyways, until next update weirdos.

Buy guys 👋