trees

~🔹~

good morning : )

tyler sleepily grabbed his phone from the night stand. he made it a daily routine to start the day by reading her messages. just the familiar feeling of her "good morning" texts were amazing to him. they may have from long ago, but still they greeted him with the same warmth. as if he could hear her voice waking him.

i'm out in the forest

it's really nice

the trees are pretty

to bad i'll never be

something was wrong. tyler could tell. normally she would make a joke about the forest or trees. maybe she didn't realized it.

i climbed one

with my ninja skills

lol

kidding

i'm listening to lovely

it's nice

i know that means nothing to you

but

i just really like the song o k a y

i like to imagine the songs about me

but doesn't everyone

then i realize how useless i am

tyler sat up. the boy pursed his lips. it hurt. it hurt to know this is what she thought about herself. tyler wanted nothing more than to talk to her. to be in the forest with her. to sing to her and tell her everything was okay.

it's been a few hours

my mother is calling me constantly

i forgot to tell her i left

hate her and would never***

auto correct

i don't want to go home

i can't

please

the thought of what she was thinking in that moment made tyler's heart ache. he saw her so clearly in his mind. she was sitting at the top of a tree. on the edge for some reason unknown to himself. the sun shown on her pale skin through the leaves. she stared at her phone as the missed calls from her mother light up the screen. tears edged her eyes. the thought of going home was horrifying to the girl.

~🔹~