Create

Author's Note: Please note that this is a writing exercise. Some of my works might be cringe worthy but practice makes perfect, so to speak. So please pardon me if some of them are not at par with what you're used to.

Also, please keep in mind that I'm not always writing about Maine and Alden.

The prompt given to me was quite difficult. I had to make three drafts with different scenarios and settings before I settled with this.

*****

Prompt: Clay

Whistling softly to himself, he dug his fingers into a pail full of clay, pulling out a big wet blob which he balled in his vein laced hands.

Pressing and rolling, he nodded when a figure took shape. He concentrated on the head which was as big as his palm, running his fingers down the nose, tracing its aquiline shape. He pinched the plump cheeks and traced the eyes. He smiled when a distinctive face appeared, one that he has seen in his head.

He ran his roughened palms down the torso, molding a feminine shape paying special attention to her generous breasts and eventually, moving down to frame the legs, making sure they are as slim as he imagined them to be.

When the figure took form, he stared at it for a moment, making sure that he was able to capture the image in his head. He then gently placed it on a pan, singing incantations that floated in the air, mixing with the heady smell of jasmine and lavender.

Picking up a sharp knife, he took a deep breath and with a whispered prayer, plunged the pointed dagger into his right side. The pain was so excruciating that he almost fainted, only his will keeping him upright. He collected a cup of blood before pressing a lump of clay against the wound, sighing when he felt the blood flow slow down.

Peering down at his work, he pressed his finger in the middle of the torso until a well is formed. He then proceeded to pour the collected blood into the deep indentation.

Picking up the tray, he walked towards the hot brick oven outside in the garden. Opening the grate, he pushed his handiwork inside the kiln praying that this time around, he will be successful.

And then he waited.

When he believed that time was sufficient, he opened the hatch and pulled out his creation.

He smiled.

For she was perfect.