Shot Glass

Prompt: Shot Glass

-----

Maine sat at the bar as she fiddled with the empty shot glass in front of her. She just had her third shot of tequila and she's beginning to feel the effects of the liquor.

Yes, I'm a wimp.

She muttered to herself as she closed her eyes to try to get her bearings.

"Are you ok?"

She abruptly looked up and stared at the most beautiful face she had ever seen.

She blinked and blurted out, "Tao ka ba?"

The apparition in front of her laughed and handed her a glass of water.

"Uh, yes?"

Maine squinted at him especially when she saw the dimple that teased her from his left cheek.

"Puwede ba kitang mauwi? Anong pangalan mo?"

The man at the other side of the counter smiled at her again and her breath hitched when the elusive dimple made another appearance.

"If you can guess my name, then you can take me home."

The girl cradled her head with her hands as a burgeoning headache threatened to block out all her thoughts.

"Alam ko pangalan mo. Alam ko..." she whispered until she passed out on the bar.

Alden sighed and went around the counter to pick her up to carry her to their bedroom. She can never can take alcohol well but she was insistent as she wanted to celebrate his new project. He chuckled as he can imagine how cranky she will be tomorrow.

After 10 years of marriage, his wife will never change.

And he will not have it any other way.