Iyami x Reader; The Hungry Stranger

(requested by The_Lamplighter )

It had been a long day at work as you trudged home. Your stomach growled lowly as you walked, the smell of oden filling the air. You found yourself at an oden cart, with a short man waving at you.

"Welcome ya idjit! Hungry?" He called. You nodded eagerly, sliding onto the bench.

"Oh my god, yes! Can I have 2 sticks of oden?" You asked.

"Sure thing, ya idjit, dammit!" He began to assemble the sticks, humming as he did so. Suddenly, someone slid onto the bench, their teeth catching your eye. It stuck 2-3 inches off his face, his brown hair mussed up and covered in grass. His mauve suit was ripped and dirty, his dark eyes focused ahead on the small man fixing up your oden.

"Chibita...will you please give me a stick, zanzu? Me is starving!" He cried. The man called Chibita only gave him a pitiful look.

"Iyami, ya know I can't since you have no money, ya idjit! But this nice person might give you their extra stick, dammit!" He gestured to you. Iyami turned to you pleadingly. You couldn't help but feel...sad. He looked so hungry!

"...give this man 2 sticks of oden and a beer. On my card." You said, sliding your credit card to Chibita.

"SHEEH?! You are so nice to me, zanzu!" Iyami cried, hugging you. You found yourself blushing deeply. How was he so...cute?

"Ahaha~! N-no problem! Um...I'm (Y/N)." You introduced yourself, sticking your hand to him. Iyami took it, shaking it frantically.

"Me is grateful for your kindness, zanzu!" He cried as Chibita handed you two food.

"Eat up, ya idjits." He grinned and the two of you enjoyed your dinner, as the sun set behind you two.