Seven

Dedicated to pizzasgoodforthesoul 😘

Quick authors note.... I did not edit this so there may be loads of mistakes typos etc. Sorry in advance!

When I got home from Johnny's I began packing, I had this urge to see Luke. I needed to explain what it was he saw at the party,not because I have feeling for Luke but because he is a nice person. He deserves clarity.

I found myself running around my house grabbing the miscellaneous things I would need for the next four days. I was hungover and exhausted. As if on cue Tara struts into the room where bunny slippers on her feet with two cups of tea.

We both found something comforting about drinking anything hot. I smiled knowingly at her and sat beside her on my bed.

"Are you totally stressing out?" She asks staring at me with an understanding expression.  I love the way she just gets me. She knows when I'm reaching a breaking point and she welcomes me with open arms.

"Yes," I sigh answering honestly. "and I dont even really know why."

Her lips pull into a deep grin. "Well obviously it's because you'll be seeing your hottie neighbor."

I groan and shake my head, "Why does everyone keep saying that? You, my mom and fucking Johnny of all people." I scoff remembering the way he was Luke.

"Woah, woah wait Johnny? Back it up because I am lost." Her eyes filled with excitement. She adjusts herself so that she is sitting crosslegged on the bed holding her tea in her lap.

I go on to tell her about the whole night, since she seemed to have disappeared as soon as we got there. "Obviously Johnny and I hooked up." I tell her feeling a little ashamed. It's that I always intend to sleep with him but with Johnny what else is there to do really? I was bored and a little lonely, add some alcohol in the mix and you've basically got a sad sob story movie.

"But then Luke came out of nowhere and Johnny and I weren't even really doing anything bad, it just looked bad. The two of us were having a moment and it wasn't for Luke to see." I explain.

"Are you upset that he saw?" She asks taking a moment to pause. She looks at the ceiling which is a nervous habit of hers. Most everyone looks to the ground when they're uncomfortable but Tara, she looks up. "Or are you upset that you were with Johnny?"

I take a deep breath and let it out sighing. I run my fingers through nmy hair letting it fall messily.

"I'm just saying it seems like Luke is into you and your mom and I can clearly tell you're falling for him."

"You and my mom?" I cut her off feeling angry and confused. I wish everyone would just mind their own business instead playing match maker.

"Stella you can deny it all you want but you can't deny that he makes you mad, he may even be driving you crazy but he makes you feel. You can't deny feelings." Tara shrugs as if she hadn't just given me deep emotional advice.

That's one thing I loved about her, she never acted serious even when she was put in serious situations. Carefree Tara, no matter what or who was in need of her assistance.

"I have to get going now." I tell her sitting up. She nods assuringly.

"Text me!" She yells at me as I'm out the front door.

----

The car ride was long as expected but I enjoyed it. Just me and the open road no one telling me what I should be doing or who my soulmate apparently is...No pressure.