Nine

"She is totally going to die!" Luke half yells half laughs, stuffing more popcorn in his mouth.

"No she is not!" I yell back playfully. "And even if she were to die, hypothetically, what makes you so sure?" I ask him.

The three of us lay sprawled out in my parents living room. I was trying to pretend that my insides didn't do flips when Luke agreed to stay but as I lay here on this couch next to him I realize that I have turned to mush. A melted puddle of mush that his arms are holding.

Because laying here with my head resting on his stomach, arguing over some stupid blonde in a scary movie is making me feel as if life is going to be okay. Not that my life is terrible but I feel as if  here with him, in this perfect little moment we have created, anything could be thrown at me and I'd be just fine.

"Because the hot ones always die." He states the obvious. I gasp and pretend to be furiously offended and swat him as hard as my tiny fist will let me. He laughs and its a beautiful sound, screams echo and mix with his laughter and I sigh as I look at the tv to see the poor blonde getting her insides hacked to pieces.

I look at Luke who has the most smirky 'I told you so' look on his face that makes me want to punch him....in the face with my lips. "Shut up." I say and snuggle further into him. I can feel Jessica's eyes on us but I pretend I don't see it.

---

The sun is blinding from where I lay on the couch, my neck throbs when I try to sit up and that's when I realize that Luke is no longer underneath me. I must have fallen asleep and he snuck out. The last thing I remember is Luke's fingertips dancing on my skin. I fought my drowsy tiredness because I refused to leave the moment I was in with him but sadly, my sleepy body won and now I am left confused, cold and tired.

The clock hanging on the wall tells me it's almost six am. I groan and try my best to steady myself, bumping into the wall a few times until I've gained my balance. I stumble down the hall into my room and collapse onto my bed. Relief floods my body at the comfort of my mattress and just as I'm pulling my blanket up over myself I hear a knock on my window which not only almost  makes me pee my pants, but also annoys the absolute hell out of me.

When I pull back the lace curtain and see the same beautiful, grinning, stubble covered face that was in my dreams I feel a rush flood through my blood awakening every single trace of my body.

"It's six in the morning Luke." I try my best to say angrily but the smile overtaking my face says otherwise.

"I missed you." He sheepishly says, leaning further into my now opened window.

"Then why'd you leave me?" I press, feeling a little upset with him. I asked him to stay with me, which he did but also I'm saddened that he left. He doesn't know how my body needs him to be close to me. It's like when he is present it grounds me, calms my body just to sense that he is near and when he's gone my body is panicked, shocked and fluttering about. I don't know how to feel when we're apart which is strange because I lived my whole life without him...

"Your parents freak me out. I'm twenty-three having a sleep over with the girl I like, while her parents sleep down the hall. That isn't exactly easy for me." He answers honestly. A little too honestly for my liking.

"You like me?" Curiosity gets the best of me. I have a million responses to what he just said but somehow I can't stop my mouth from asking such a stupid, idiotic needy teenage girl question.

He laughs and swipes his tongue across his bottom lip, "Yes, Stella." He leans in further, I can feel his breath and it ignites a burning sensations inside me the spreads like wildfire.

"You see, I can't have a sleepover with you and not imagine all of the many things I could do to you." I feel my breath hitch somewhere in my throat. "That body of yours... I had to run across the damn road just to hide my boner."

I want to laugh at the way that word sounds coming out of his mouth but the way his eyes are pouring into mine makes my brain go empty. "Luke." Is all I can manage to say.

"Stella..." with his hands resting on the window railing he leans closer and connects lips to mine.

It's a passionate kiss, rough and delicate. Softness mixed with burning fire. I move my lips along his and wait for the flick of his tongue. Leaning out the widow I feel as if I'm falling. Both literally and figuratively. Part of me felt as if I would tumble out an onto the hard ground and look up to see Luke laughing at me. The other part, deep inside me was falling for Luke. It was beginning to feel so unreal, so embarrassingly hopeless. He was invading my every thought, every breath. My heart was starting to beat specifically for him but also waiting for the moment that he causes it to crumble. That's what always happens with love right?

He pulls away first and takes in a deep breath, I blush and try to subtlety wipe the corner of my mouth. He smirks at me and I look away.

"I want to take you home Stella." He nearly whispers into my neck, nipping my ear. "I want to show you how much fun sleepovers can be."

I instantly feel the heat between my legs spreading. Unable to move, speak or even breath I nod my head slowly. I can feel his lips curl into a smile.

"I'll see you at eight." And just like that he leaves me, frustrated and standing in my childhood bedroom, staring at his ass while he walks across the street.