Chapter 8- Promise Me

Sean-

"Sean, could you come here for a second?" I hear Mark call from downstairs.

I hope this isn't what I think it is- I haven't been able to move and clean the knife, as Mark has conveniently decided to spend all his time downstairs, either in the kitchen or an adjoining room, so eventually I just retreated upstairs.

"Coming!" I yell, walking down the stairs. I enter the kitchen, and he's leaning on the counter, arms crossed, face impassive.

"Is there something you'd like to tell me?"

Shit! I knew this moment would come, and I've been dreading it.

"Uh, no, I don't think so."

He nods. "Oh, okay. So, you can't explain this?" He asks, reaching behind him and showing me the knife, dried blood on the edge of the blade. I stay silent, and he must see the guilt on my face.

"Show me your arms."

"What? No! Why?"

He scowls. "Come on, Sean, I'm not stupid. The huge sweatshirt when it's the hottest friggin day in L.A? Show me your arms."

I bite my lip and lift the sleeve of my left arm with shaking fingers, revealing the slightly bloody bandages. He walks over, taking my arm and examining it, a look of sorrow, pain, anger, and disgust on his face. He doesn't speak for several minutes. Finally, he meets my eyes, and in a strangled voice, asks "Why would you do this?"

My mouth opens and closes several times, like a fish.

"I...you..." I say weakly, trailing off. He looks me in the eyes, not releasing me from his gaze. "This is not the answer. This is never the answer. Next time, please, talk to me, talk to someone."

I nod, and he sighs. "I'm sorry for how I acted earlier. I know how hard this is for you to believe, giving your tendency to believe I'm against you and wish you dead-" He stops when he sees my expression. "Which, of course, is partly my fault. But, whether you believe me or not, just listen. I told you in the hospital, and I'll tell you again, and I'll tell you every day if I have to- I love you." He leans toward me and gently presses his lips to mine, moving away a second later. "And I'm not going to let the people I love destroy themselves."

He takes my hand. "Please, I want you to promise me that you won't do this again. Promise me."

"I promise." I whisper. He smiles slightly and squeezes my hand reassuringly. "C'mon, I can make popcorn, and we can watch a movie."

I grin. "Popcorn? In your microwave?"

He laughs. "Yes, in my microwave."

I smile, forgetting completely that I'm supposed to be angry with him, and he seems to have forgotten that he's supposed to be ignoring me. And I'm perfectly okay with that.

"Thanks, Mark."

"Don't mention it."  

**************************************

Did anyone get the reference? Let me know, it was toward the end. 

Hey guys! Hope you like the sequel so far! I just wanted to quickly thank you for more than a hundred reads already. That's insane, in four days since I started! So, thank you everybody so much for reading, and I will see you... in the next chapter! Buh-Bye!