Twelve

The next morning all the boys were seated in the living room waiting for their van to arrive. For once it wasn't hard for all of them to be ready on time.

Because of how last night ended, there was a weird tension in the atmosphere.

"I heard you guys have something else to do later on today," Sungjin said breaking the silence and he grabbed everyone's attention. It looked as if they were desperate and waiting for someone to talk. "I think it's about JYP nation or something."

"Oh yeah. It's for a v live." Jae answered quickly.

"Just you and younghyun?" The leader kept going to take out the awkwardness completely.

"Yeah." Jae gave a short answer again and everyone looked away disappointed that he wasn't willing to keep the conversation going.

"Dowoon is gonna take the extra bed in your room from now on." Sungjin added still hoping the weird atmosphere wouldn't return. "So he isn't lonely."

"Okay."

The boys were called out and all five of them went down stairs to enter the van. Jae and Young k sat next to each other in the middle, Wonpil with Dowoon and sungjin in the back. They took off and soon they arrived at the JYP building.

"It's 11am right now so we basically have 3 hours to practice and be at the venue to perform," Sungjin informed the members as they proceeded into their practice room, "can someone go ask for the exact time we leave ?"

"I will." Brian said getting up. He put on his hat and took his phone with him. When he got to the hallway, he rushed to make it into the elevator before the doors closed and after he did that he started to regret.

"Ah- sunbaenim." Jeongyeon and Nayeon greeted him with a slight bow.

"Hi." He said giving a slight bow back. He entered and waited for the doors to close but he couldn't think straight until someone said something.

"What floor-"

"Oh ugh second." As he reached to press the tab he felt his hands touch Jeongyeon's. His heart skipped a beat and he didn't move for a while. "Oh my bad." He finally said and bit down on his lips.

She smiled at him but he couldn't return it since he didn't want to look up.

"We heard you're performing later on, fighting!" She continued still trying to get his eyes to look at her. She dropped her gaze out of disappointment when he didn't.

"Uh yea thanks." He said sounding awkward and finally looked up. He pressed his thumb against his hand to calm his nervousness. The doors opened and he got off as quickly as he could.

When he got the answer he was sent for, Brian quickly returned to meet the other members and they practiced until it was time to leave.

-

"So we'll drop you guys off first since it's on the way."

"Sure.." Jae replied their sub manager.

They were heading home after their performance and all members were already dozing off. When the van stopped for the boys to get off they noticed they were back at the JYP building. Jae tapped on Brian to wake him up and both of them hopped down.

"Do you know the members that are showing up?" Brian asked him still sounding sleepy as they waited for the elevator to open. He stretched and turned from side to side.

Jae held his hand for him to be still, then he rubbed the parts of his face that made it obvious he was previously asleep.

"No but I know the groups." He answered when he was done and flicked the younger one's forehead. "You're cute." He said and smiled at him when he was about to complain.

The doors opened and the boys stood there frozen. "Hello!" Nayeon and Momo were smiling after giving a bow to them.

"This is fate. We keep seeing each other." Jae replied under his breath for Brian to hear.

He nudged Brian to go in first and then he followed. It was awkward in there for a few seconds until the doors of the elevator opened again and this time some staff that were carrying equipments made their way in.

Jae saw this as an opportunity so he pushed Nayeon towards Brian. She leaned on his chest and Brian glared at Jae but he just shrugged.

Brian noticed how tensed up Nayeon was he whispered in her ears that it was fine.

When they got off, the four of them realized that they were heading to the same room and so they walked together. Because of how fast they were going, Nayeon accidentally tripped over one of the cords that was dropped from the equipments.

"Are you okay?" Both boys asked at the same time.

"I'm fine." she replied trying to lift herself up. She squealed and held her ankle.

"You don't look fine to me." Jae said, "hold on, Young k will carry you."

"Huh?" Brian questioned sounding puzzled. "I didn't sign up for that, what's your problem."

"Carry her on your back."

"Why do I have to??"

Jae moved towards him and whispered "just carry her."

Brian bent over for her to get on but she refused to.

"Don't worry, it's fine." He said with a soft smile that would make any girl go crazy for him. Nayeon placed her hands on his back and turned red as she adjusted her body when he stood up. When they got to the broadcasting room, he let her down on a chair and went to sit at his spot.

"We will now begin," the PD started, "but first let's split you guys into two groups...."

In one of the games, Nayeon had to pick a partner and she chose Brian. Jae looked at him and smiled in a teasing manner, but he looked back confused.

When the broadcast was over, they were all mingling with each other.

"You got more screen time thanks to Nayeon." Jo Kwon who was also there said.

Brian smiled at Nayeon. "Thanks."

"It's fine, I chose you because I wanted to-" She paused when she was getting all type of stares from everyone else.

There were ooohs and aahs all over the place and Jae even joined in. Brian threatened him with his eyes but he just shrugged.

"Wait I think you guys are taking this wrong-" Nayeon began, pushing and crossing her hands out in an X.

"It's fine nayeon you don't have to explain yourself." Brian said tapping her on the shoulder and heading over to talk to some other people in the room.

"Thank you.. Oppa." She replied with an adorable smile. She couldn't take her eyes of him until he looked at her and she quickly avoided eye contact.

------
Thanks for reading! <3