Twenty-one

Jeongyeon had already left the tent area so she couldn't hear the last sentence. She walked furiously towards where she saw Brian. When he smiled at her making eye contact, she rolled her eyes and walked past him. He followed her until they got to a quiet place.

"Jeong- what's wrong?" He grabbed her hand bringing her to a stop.

"Let go. L-let go." She had anger-filled tears welled up in her eyes. She tried to pull away but he wouldn't budge.

"Wait what did I do?"

"I thought it was sincere but you're just a jerk after all."

"Wait.. I don't understand."

She let go of his hand, freeing herself forcefully, and broke down on the ground, letting a tear drop. "I hate you." She spoke softly even though her words were supposed to hurt him, which it did.

He was taken aback and didn't know what to say. He squatted down also and dragged her into his arms. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He placed her head on his chest and patted her back.

She struggled to free herself but he wouldn't budge until she finally hugged him back.

"Now can you tell me what I did?" He asked caressing her hair.

"I thought I was special."

"You are."

"Then why did you smack your lips on hers? You kissed Nayeon didn't you?"

"Oh my God." He took a deep breath and looked up at the sky trying to suppress the sudden anger he felt. "Did she tell you that? I didn't, I really didn't. I swear. It was on the cheek- you don't even need to know that but I promise it's not what you.. think."

She lifted her head from his body as he spoke and stared into his eyes. He held up her chin making her heart flutter as she expected a kiss to follow but he heard footsteps behind him and quickly let go of her.

"Hyung, what are you doing?"

"Oh hey Dowoon." He replied sounding nervous as he got up. It took a while before he turned around to look at the maknae. He pushed Jeongyeon carefully behind him so that his body figure would cover up hers. She remained squatting because it was the best position to avoid being caught. "Why did you come here?" He asked trying to seem normal.

"Sungjin asked me to look for you."

"Okay tell him I'm on my way." Brian watched Dowoon walk back before he turned to Jeongyeon.

"That was close." She took his hand and pulled herself up.

"I'm sorry for making you cry." He said hugging her.

She placed her head on his chest and held him tight.
-
In the evening, everyone gathered around to play a game as JYP had suggested.

He gave the rules saying: "it's charades but there's a twist to it. I'll split you guys into two groups and then the bad ones on each group will be continuously eliminated until two people are left. They'll play Rock Paper Scissors to determine the winner." He looked at everyone and noticed their moods had suddenly turned dry. "Okay so to make it more interesting," he continued, "I'll let the winner do whatever he or she wants. And I mean anything. If it involves money I'll pay."

The mood lightened up and the game began.

After a while, Brian and Jaebum were the ones left on their teams. They played Rock Paper Scissors to be fair and Brian ended up winning.

"Bro you're so lucky." Jae said pulling Brian along with him. "Follow me."

"To where?" The younger one asked sounding uninterested.