The Fading Oddities of Nate Smith (A NateWantsToBattle Fanfiction)

• Dedicated to Nate "NateWantsToBattle" Smith~

I could feel the pool of blood on the road beneath me.

Sirens and screaming people all blended together as one soupy, blurred sound. A chaotic orchestra of panic and urgency rang through my ears and pulsed through my head. My clothes were soaked and stuck to my skin. I was too weak to move my head, but I was sure that it was blood, too.

I had a blank stare up to the sky, which looked peaceful compared to the insanity around me. It was like an escape from the horrifying reality that was below it. The clouds above looked like outstretched arms, wanting to scoop me up and take me anywhere...anywhere other than here.

I was too numb, too shocked to move. Shards of glass, metal, concrete and other debris dug deep into me, but all I felt was a hollow throbbing. My heart didn't pound, nor did it race. All I could feel was a heavy lurching in my chest, making it feel like it was constantly caving into itself and resetting. I could hear the voices of people drawing closer to me, but their cries and shouts were lost in the sea of deafening madness.

Someone's hands grasped onto me and hoisted me up from where I lied. I don't remember if I screamed in pain or just kept staring at the sky, unaware of the move. I was set back down on a soft surface, a plastic mask covering my nose and mouth and people covering my view of the beautiful sky above. The surface began to move quickly, making the ride bumpy and painful. The movement made my head turn to the side.

I wish it never did.

There, in the debris, underneath a shattered and overturned car, lied a body, unconscious and bloody. He had a white shirt on, which wasn't even white anymore due to all the blood stains on it. His brown hair was matted with glass and blood, his face not within my view.

I screamed. And then I cried. And then I could feel my mouth moving, but I don't remember what exactly I was saying. I think it was along the lines of...

"HUNTER!! OH MY- HUNTER! NO!"

And finally, just as the surface I lied on was lifted into a vehicle - which I believe was an ambulance - my view of the body was also blocked.

And I didn't say a word after that.

All I did was cry.