Chapter Five

Read, comment, vote, love me, and make babies with the Doctor. The picture to the side of of Genevieve. Also, of you were wondering, Genevieve is pronounced as "Jen-na-veeve" It's a name of a character on the CW show Originals and I just thought it was really cute so I used it :)

I sat on the hard vinyl chair, waiting for the detention teacher to show. Her name was Miss White and she should not be a teacher because let me tell you...Miss White did not give a single damn about a single thing. I doubted she even knew what was happening half the time in detention. All Miss White did was sit in her desk and read a book. Her obliviousness was useful at times though.

I had come 5 minutes early. I had never been to detention, but from what I heard around school, it wasn't at all hyped up like in the movies. Detention was for one hour after school. We were allowed to do homework, and then go home after time was up. Miss White was just there to make sure no one died, which I doubted would happen.

I looked around the classroom. It took place in the 11th grade animal biology wing. The desks were long with black counter tops. Jars lined the top of the cabinets. The specimens inside the glass jars were filled with some kind of yellow, distilled liquid. The strange, mutilated worms, hollow exoskeletons, and unborn fetuses gave me the creeps. I looked closer, noticing layers of dust on the jars, as if no one had ever bothered to clean up there. A shiver ran down my spine. Now, more than anything, I just wanted to go home.

Strangely enough, there were no other students in the classroom with me. It was as if everyone decided to be exceptionally good for today so they wouldn't be stuck in here. I brought out a book from my bag, still too bothered to read. I felt like someone was staring at me.

The door opened. I looked up, expecting to see Miss White come into the classroom. However, it was none other than Scar himself.

I watched in confusion as he sauntered in with his limp. He was holding a lighter in his hand. For some unknown reason, Scar decided to take the seat right next to mine even though the whole dang classroom was empty. It angered me that he would do something like that just to annoy me, but I kept my mouth shut. Miss White still hadn't shown up.

Some few minutes passed in silence. I kept glancing at the clock, but time seemed to slow down. Seconds felt like hours to me. I forced myself to read the book, but my eyes barely skimmed the pages.

While I was doing this, Scar had apparently decided that sitting next to me wasn't enough to make me mad. Oh no, of course it wasn't, not to him. Because you see, he was now clicking his lighter up and down. A continuous skit of the fire rising out of the small hole and dying instantly. 

Click.

Click.

Click.

I grabbed the book harder in my hands, trying to tell myself to just ignore him. But it was getting harder and harder for me to do so. 

Click.

Click.

Click.

Finally, I lost it.

"Oh my God, can you stop?!" I yelled, jumping up. Scar looked up at me, a hint of impish amusement dancing in his dark eyes. He clicked the lighter, letting the small flame rise, and then blew it out slowly, just to annoy me further. Scar never broke eye contact with me, a mocking torture. I wanted to take his lip ring and stab him in the eye with it. He knew what he was doing, and he loved seeing me get agitated.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down but I was seeing red. Everything Scar did, the littlest thing, somehow pissed me off to no end. 

"Why?" his voice was low and sexy, distracting me for half a tick with his musical tone. "Does it bother you, kitten?"