A Dramatic Turn Of Events

"Tiana." Riccardo said.

I stared at everyone's blanks faces in the room, they were all surprised to see me standing there but being vampires they covered it up pretty well, they all looked unaffected except Riccardo. Riccardo looked to be in deep thoughts; he was probably trying to figure out what I heard.

Riccardo took two slow steps towards me. "Tiana." He said softly. "Come in." he extended a hand for me to take.

Greta who was standing idle in the further end of the room was studying my features, I had a feeling she knew that I heard everything Riccardo didn't want me to.

I averted my gaze back to Riccardo, his hand was still held out for me and his eyes were firmly fixed on mine. Everything I just heard played back in my mind and I took in a breath and shook my head. "No." I said and turned on my heel, making my way for the exit.

Riccardo, however, with his vampire speed was in front of me in no time. Still with no emotion shown on his face he stated. "You heard everything."

"I only heard what I had a right to know in the first place." I spat.

"Tiana," he began calmly. "I need you to calm down and listen to me."

"Listen?" I repeated in ridicule. "You had a chance to make me listen but instead you decided to keep me in the dark."

"Tiana," he began calmly but I cut him off.

"No, I don't want to hear any explanation, I want to go."

"Ti-" he began again.

"No!" I yelled. I looked at everyone else inside the room and realized that they were all watching. I looked coldly Riccardo's way and made my way around him, towards the staircase.

"Tiana." Riccardo called after me but I ignore him. After just finding out that I was being lied to for so long I didn't want to hear anything Riccardo had to say. To make things worse he didn't just lie to me but he was also going behind my back and feeding me his blood. Just the thought of drinking blood made me cringe.

I was practically running down the long, dim passage to find my way to the staircase. I knew Riccardo could effortlessly catch up with me but I didn't care, I just wanted to get the hell away from him.

I rounded the end of the passage and found the staircase, I ran down the stairs but just as I was about to reach the last few steps Riccardo appeared in front of me.

I was taken slightly off guard and a subconscious gasp escaped my lips. Riccardo was two steps below me, looking up at me this time looking just a little distressed. "Tia, please hear me out." He requested softly. "I know this is a lot of new information to take in but I need you to understand why I've kept you in the dark."

"I can understand why you kept me in the dark, you just wanted to protect me but I don't understand why you'd want to be with me when you don't find me good enough for you." I said hopelessly, feeling my chest tightening.

Riccardo's eyes widened by a fraction but his eyes were still pretty much emotionless. At that moment I wished I could hide my feelings like him because I knew that the hurt I currently felt was showing clearly in my eyes.

"What would make you even think such a thing?" he asked in an almost whisper.

"Oh I don't know... maybe the fact that you want me a vampire as soon as possible." I said.

"You think I want you as a vampire because I don't think you're good enough for me?"

"Well isn't that the only explanation?" I asked. "I mean being a vampire is so much more superior to a simple human right? Vampires are smarter, faster, stronger, more diligent, they can fend for themselves and heck I bet they're more satisfying in bed too right?"