English version of "for people who seak franças"

.

"Come on, it's only a matter of time," Kim said loudly.

"Oh yeah, and what makes you think that?" Alix challenged him, always the first to go up against her friend. "What if they're different?"

"Because they're not!" he exclaimed. The entire class was listening to their argument while they waited for their teacher to arrive. It was an argument that been growing day by day. "Everyone has negative emotions. Everyone gets angry, or upset, or scared. And anyone that feels that is in danger of being possessed by an Akuma. It's only a matter of time before they snap."

Everyone looked over at the two empty seats near the front of the class. Adrien and Marinette. Once again, they were late.

By now, everyone in the class had a good understanding of how Akumas worked. How you could be possessed by one and what happened after. They had all been possessed, after all. All except two of them. So far, Adrien and Marinette were the only two students in their class that hadn't been turned yet.

"It is highly likely," Max stated. "84.6 percent of this class has already been turned at some point. And what with Marinette's low confidence sometimes, and Adrien's father, it's surprising that they haven't already."

"It's going to happen," Nino agreed firmly. "It's the Class Akuma Conspiracy. We're being targeted, people!" There were groans from around the room, but much less than when he had first told the theory. As more and more people from their class were Akumatized, more and more of them started to agree with him.

"You and your conspiracy theories," Alya muttered. "There is nothing wrong with this class! You all read my blog, you know how it works. And for the record, my friend is not going to 'snap'."

There was a soft snort from Chloé. "Oh yeah, well, we'll see about that."

"What did you say?!" At the not so thinly veiled threat, Alya was on her feet in a flash and Nino had to hold her back. It was well known that Chloé was the cause of well over half of the class being turned into an Akuma.

"I hate to say it, Alya, but half the time Mari does look like she's about to snap," Mylène said softly. "And I'd hate to see what would happen if Adrien ever turned her down."

"Which he totally will," Chloé cut in.

Alya's fists clenched, and Nino gave her a hard yank down into her seat. He gave her a look as if to say 'don't start anything'.

"Adrien will snap first, I think," Nathanaël piped up, his voice still quiet. He didn't look up from his notebook as he spoke. "Marinette is strong. And she bounces back quickly. But Adrien... we all heard how his father talked to him last week. If he goes through with that threat to home school him again, I don't think he'd handle it."

Alya was still fuming, she looked to Nino, waiting for him to defend his best friend, only to find him starting at the desk dejectedly. She shot him a glare he gave her a grim frown. "He's got a point," he said quietly. "He tries not to show it, but that stuff really gets to him, you know?"

"Whatever. I bet that Marinette will snap before my Adrien," Chloé huffed.

"Nah, Nath's right. I think that Adrien will," Kim said.

"I don't think that Mari will get possessed. But yeah, I think Adrien could," Alix put in.

"No, Chloé's right," Sabrina said. "Adrien will win."

Win? Wait, what? Since when did this become a competition?!

"I think they will both be fine," Rose said with a soft smile.