Piercing [Gail]

This one is for GailM2002 :) I hope you enjoy it! And ty guys so much for 2K!!
------------------------------------------------------

Zach and I used to be best friends. We've known each other since elementary school, but ever since I dyed my hair to half-black and half-gray, and got a couple of piercings, we haven't been as close. Zach's parents are pretty strict. They say: no dyed hair and no piercings. Which just happens to be everything that I have. The only time we can hang out is if we have something school related to do, and even they don't like that. There is a big history project that is due next week and Zach and I are planning to hang out at his house... great. I've been putting off the day that I should come over and obviously you can tell why. I'm nervous what they will think of me because my family and theirs used to be really close when we were younger, and now they have drifted apart.

I drove up to his house, worried of how they will think of me. I walked up the pathway to their house and almost knocked on the door. My hand was right next to the door but I didn't knock. I guess that I was just too afraid. I turned around casually and started heading back to my car, and then I heard the door open.

"Hello?" I heard Zach call.

"Hey," I said, turning back around.

"I was just about to go get something from my car." I continued.

"Ok."

Zach waited for me to go to my car, even though I had to get absolutely nothing. I opened my car door and searched for something random, and I ended up getting a pen. We walked inside and sitting at the dining table were his parents.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Dempsey" I smiled.

They looked up for a second, confused about who I was, and looking at my hair and my piercings.

"Hey, Gail" Mr. Dempsey replied.

Zach's mom just looked at me with a sour look on her face, you could really tell that she hated my look.

"Mom, Dad, Gail and I are going to work on our project in the living room."

"Ok." They replied.

We walked into their living room.

"Sorry, they just forgot who you were." Zach said.

"Yeah." I shrugged.

Zach's mom called him into the kitchen, leaving me sitting there all alone wondering if they were talking about me.

"Gail looks... nice." Zach's mom said.

"Yeah, I like her piercing." He replied.

"Yeah,"

"Ask Gail if she would like some dinner." She spoke.

"Ok mom."

Zach walked back into the living room and asked me if I wanted to stay for dinner, I said yes because I didn't want to be rude. About 10 minutes later we finished our project and we were called to the dinner table and we sat down. She gave us our spaghetti and meatballs and we started eating.

"So," Mrs. Dempsey started.

"We haven't seen you in forever."

"Yeah, its been a while." I replied.

There was silence at the table for about 5 minutes, and then Zach started talking.

"Hey mom, don't you think her piercings are cool?"

"Yeah, I like the one on her nose."

I checked the time on my watch and it was 8:45. I had to get home. I told them that it was time for me to go and I was excused from the table. I headed home and went to bed.

TIME SKIP

When I got to school the next morning I went to go tell Zach thank you for letting me eat with them. When I walked up to him he turned around, and there was a piercing in his nose.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"I love it. I can't believe your mom let you get one."

"Me either." He laughed.

I guess his parents aren't as strict as I remember them being.