Chapter 7

Emma growled as she yanked on the bars of the jail cell she was currently stuck in. "Just let me know how she is!" She yelled into the empty room.

She knew there had to be someone watching her. She had done this before; the waiting, the unanswered questions, the judgement. This was another one of Regina's games, she was sure of it.

When the car spun out of control, Emma didn't black out like she thought. She had merely squeezed her eyes shut tightly and the shock from the impact temporarily paralyzed her. She opened her eyes to see the car had slammed into the 'Leaving Storybrooke' sign on Redmonde's side, and Red herself was unconscious but breathing.

Almost immediately, a police car arrived on the scene. An ambulance followed soon after, and Red was whisked away without question. Emma was taken out of the car by the Sheriff and sat in the passenger seat of the police car.

"Are you alright? I'm Sheriff Graham. We should go get you checked out, that was a pretty hard crash."

"I'm fine! I just need to get out of here!" Emma snapped, attempting to get up.

The man held her still, looking into her eyes with a concerned expression. "You could be hurt. What's your name?"

"Emma Swan."

The blonde looked up to see a man approaching them. He was in his mid-thirties, a bit scrawny, and had an air of cockiness that made her uncomfortable. He knew who she was; it was clear to see that he worked with Regina.

The Sheriff stood as the wiry man approached, almost seeming to shield Emma. He crossed his arms over his chest as he loomed over him, a good 4 inches taller. The blonde looked back and forth between the two, indecisive on whether or not to run for it.

The Sheriff had been Regina's bed buddy, but this new stranger seemed dangerous, possibly life-threatening. Emma had a trusty intuition; it's what made her one of the best drug dealers in Boston. She just knew when something wasn't right, and this man wasn't someone she wanted to be around.

"Sidney Glass. What do you want? There's no story for you here," Graham said.

The smaller man didn't seem to be affected by the Sheriff's coldness, however, and stepped forward to get closer to Emma.

"Emma Swan. You are in a lot of trouble," Sidney tsked, a smirk on his slightly wrinkled face.

"She's done nothing wrong," Graham defended her, a warning tone to his voice. "She's a stranger to this town. She needs medical attention."

"I beg to differ, Sheriff." Sidney casually stepped forward and peered into the totaled car. "She was the driver of this vehicle, am I correct?" The man glanced over at Emma who slowly nodded.

"There's open alcoholic beverages in here. Have you done a breathalyzer? Checked for an I.D.? Anything that follows protocol?" Sidney asked question after question, hounding the Sheriff.

"No, I have not. The girl is clearly in shock, give her a break!" Graham snarled.

"The mayor will want to see this. Bring the girl to the jail; I'll send a doctor over to tend to her injuries," Sidney ordered, glancing over at Emma.

"And what makes you think you have the right to give orders now? Are you the Sheriff?" Graham asked.

Sidney leaned forward and said something inaudible to Emma, but what he said must have made an impact on the Sheriff, for he quickly climbed in the front seat of the cruiser.

"Graham, please don't take me to jail," Emma pleaded. "All I was doing was trying to get out of this town. Regina- she's crazy, insane. She kidnapped me, brought me here from Boston. I think that man, Sidney Glass, he's helping her. She's forcing him to. Just take me out of town, I swear I will leave and never come back."