f i f t y n i n e

$ f i f t y n i n e $

"Petition to get the alphas some muzzles for Christmas?" Sehun said in a serious tone, his eyes trained on his phone screen. The others were sat around him in the living room, waiting for dinner, which Jiyeon was preparing along with Jongin. But she was doing most of the work.

The only people who weren't present were the two alphas--Baekhyun and Miran

They had gone up to their bedroom while everyone was away and had yet to come down. They had even been so loud that they didn't notice when the others arrived from their daily tasks. But the others heard them loud and clear, which was why Sehun had gone online to look for gags or muzzles, so that they could get it on without making so much noise and disturbing the peace. Kyungsoo only sat there on one of the couches, not speaking to anyone. That had been the usual for him since Jagi decided to leave with the coyotes.

He was always just observing, and never speaking, with an eternal downcast expression on his face which he tried to hide behind his serious face. The others knew he was hurting though. On many occasions, they tried to talk to him, but he wouldn't speak.

He'd just walk away whenever someone tried to ask him what was wrong.

Having heard what the maknae suggested, Jongin let out a loud laugh from the kitchen where he was chopping up vegetables. "I don't know if the alphas are into bdsm. Maybe you should ask them first."

Sehun rolled his eyes at his fellow group member and maknae. "I meant so they won't be so fucking loud. There are others living in this house."

Now Jiyeon was the one to give her opinion. "Have patience with them, Sehun oppa. They're in love. I think you will only understand this once you fall in love too."

Sehun heaved a sigh, but still continued scrolling through his search on Amazon until he found some gags that looked perfect for them. He placed them in his cart and then filled out all the necessary information to complete the order. Perhaps if he could just leave them as an anonymous present for them, they would accept it. 

The two alphas finally came down once dinner was already served and everyone was sat around a large table in the dining room. Miran helped Baekhyun down the stairs and to the table, since he was refusing to get any help from a wheelchair or crutches. But he was more than keen in getting help from her. They both wore gleeful grins on their faces, their hair dampened from a shower after their time in bed. She had helped him get dressed in a t-shirt and sweat pants while she got dressed in a baggy sweatshirt and some jeans. 

When the others saw them approach, the boys shot up from their chairs and hurried to his side to help him. More than their alpha, he was their brother after all, and if he needed help, they were prepared to offer it to him. But Baekhyun had his pride and wished them away with a grateful smile. 

Instead Miran helped him to the head of the table and gave him a peck on the lips before sitting at her seat close to him.

"We didn't even realize when you all arrived." Baekhyun said to them with a chuckle, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

Sehun murmured with a hint of amusement. "I noticed."

-

Yifan had been in bed for several days, and in that time, he had trusted his leadership position to Lu Han, his second in command. Hani remained by his side, taking care of him and worrying for his health. All of which Yifan thought was all an act. He figured Hani wanted him to die, so that she could return to Junmyeon and the pack. It was what he knew he would want if he were in her situation. But that was his nature--to hold grudges against people who hurt him. It wasn't hers.

While injured in his bed, he had gotten news that the pack had another new leader--Byun Baekhyun. Yifan took the news with surprise. 

Back when he was still in the pack, and they were twelve members, Junmyeon was the alpha, voted in by the rest of the members. Yifan was the pack's beta; Lu Han and Xiumin were sentinel ranks; Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were assassins; Chanyeol, Yixing and and Jongin were warriors; Jongdae was a hunter; Tao was a scout; and Sehun was the maknae, the omega. With twelve members in the organization, some of them had to double up or triple in certain positions. But Yifan never saw any greed for the alpha seat in Baekhyun.

When the pack was reduced to six members and Baekhyun became the beta, that was when Yifan guessed his greed began. 

He was also surprised to learn that Baekhyun had been injured during the fight against the Coyotes. Now the pack was weak, and Yifan knew that the Coyotes wouldn't attack them again. One of their female members--Kim Hyejin--had asked for a truce between both sides.

Yifan thought about all of those things when Hani's voice broke through the silence in the room. "How are you feeling, Fan?" She asked him. While he had been unconscious, she had to change his bandaging again. Each time he stirred in bed, in his sleep, the wound opened up a little and she had to change his bandages to soak up the blood. His face was pale and tired. She appeared tired as well, with bags under her eyes, as though she hadn't slept in days.

He turned his head away from her defiantly. "Its not like you actually care."

She only heaved a sigh.

It was nearly a minute of silence between them before she finally spoke. "Just because I'm not in love with you doesn't mean I don't care about you. I know things have been rocky since we left Korea, but you were my friend. You loved me--"

"I love you." He corrected her bitterly.

She almost wanted to argue with him that if he really loved her like he claimed he did, he would stop keeping her prisoner. But she knew that would only make him upset and possibly worsen his condition. Instead, she nodded in agreement with him. "Fan, if we can no longer get along like we used to, lets at least find a way to tolerate each other."

He huffed in frustration. "Fine. But I want you to never mention him in this house ever again. That's the only way I know we can get along." Even through his cold exterior, he was relieved in the back of his mind that she didn't hate him. Hani was just a good person like that.

She nodded once more in agreement. Then she made a request of her own. "And in exchange, I would like it if you would let me see someone other than Hyuna. Like...maybe I could visit my brothers--Han, Minseok, Yixing, Jongdae, Tao, and my new sisters. Maybe I could also go out a few times alone to the park, or the mall--"

He gave a vehement shake of his head at her most recent suggestion. "No. No going out alone. You may visit our brothers and sisters, but I can't trust you alone. Anywhere you want to go alone, you have to go with me."

Hani sighed.

Seeing her brothers and sisters of the Coven was better than not getting to see anyone at all. At least it was a start.

-

a little fillerish update because i havent posted for this in a while. THANK YOU FOR GETTING THIS STORY TO 18K READS! it means so much to me. today i work early, so i'll be home early.

that means i will try super hard to update again tonight. so stay tuned for that!

have a wonderful day!

-clary