e i g h t y t w o

$ e i g h t y t w o $

Minho gave Jiyeon and Miran a ride to the cafe that his wife Sunjoo owned. It was nearing the end of the Jackals' territory and he parked right in front of the small shop. The three got out of the car and Minho led them inside. There were a few people, but there weren't many since it was early afternoon, just after the lunch rush. Behind the counter was one young woman at the cash register. The girls assumed she was Minho's wife because she smiled wide when she saw him. She walked out from behind the counter to meet them, and she closed the gap between herself and her husband with a few strides.

"Baby, its been too long since I've seen you." She said to him, voice happy but shaking with emotion. He instantly wrapped his arms around her and buried his face in the crook of her neck.

"I know." He sighed when they pulled away. "I've just had a ton of work lately."

Sunjoo nodded her head in understanding. She then put her attention on the two girls that had arrived with him. "I assume these are the girls you told me about." She guessed with a friendly smile.

Her husband nodded, and then introduced them. "Yeah. This is Miran and Jiyeon, their boyfriends are...business partners and friends of mine." He was always trying to disguise what he did with other, simpler words, because his wife didn't want to be involved in a life of crime. But it wasn't like she didn't already know what he meant. "They want to work honest jobs to earn some money for their family. So I thought they would work here for a few months."

She seemed to think about it for a moment. But she immediately made her decision. With a smile, she said to him, "I would love to have them here. Right now its just me running everything." She gestured to her surroundings. On a bulletin board were a few orders tacked, about three. A little bell sound was heard and she excused herself for a moment. They saw her disappear into the kitchen where she got a few pastries out of the oven.

While she was gone, Minho turned to the two girls. "Remember that you can't tell my pack or anyone else that you work here. I don't want to put Sunjoo in danger."

He wanted to protect her so badly that he hardly even had contact with her, to keep her away from harm. Miran couldn't imagine how the two of them could manage. She never wanted to get involved with gangs and organized crime, neither did Jiyeon. But they were there because their boyfriends were part of that life, and it was harder to get out of that than to join it. Miran didn't mind it anymore--all the violence and blood she had seen--as long as she could be by Baekhyun's side. Jiyeon was taking a bit longer to adapt, since she had no connections to crime, even before she joined the Pack.

At least Miran had seen it in small doses. Her father always had deals with different gangs.

Sunjoo returned to them wearing oven mitts and out of breath. Doing all the work at the cafe by herself was tiring. Draped over her arm were two pink aprons with the cafe logo, and the two girls knew they had gotten the job. She pulled the oven mitts off and offered to shake their hands. "Welcome to my cafe, you can start right now if you want to."

Miran and Jiyeon nodded, eager to start with their new jobs. Minho walked over to her and thanked her with a peck on the lips. Then he told them he had some business to attend to, and left the cafe, but he assured the girls that a member of the younger pack would pick them up after the cafe closed.

-

"Go talk to Mariel, and tell her to calm the fuck down." Namjoon said, assigning the most intimidating of his members to the job. His pack's assassin--Min Yoongi. "Other than her dance performances at the club, she's bringing us no fucking earnings. No one will request her anymore because she's bitter, and she has a reputation of stabbing anyone who makes her angry." Lately the news about her lover Chen's death had gone around the night life district. Her co-workers no longer bothered her because they knew what she was capable of. But a few of the customers, brave after a few drinks, would pry into her life and ask about him in a teasing manner.

Mariel was tolerating none of that, and she'd more than likely pick up the nearest object, and she'd find a way to use it as a weapon. A pencil she lodged in the throat of one man, a hairbrush she tried to shove down someone's throat, a hairpin that she used to stab a guy in the eyes. She had sent at least five men to the hospital already and customers were afraid to request her.

So Min Yoongi found himself at The End of the Night, and he had taken Kyungsoo with him. Namjoon had set the perimeters of his collar so that he could travel just enough distance to go to the club with their assassin. Kyungsoo was uninterested in helping the Coyotes' assassin with his assignment, though he was glad to finally be getting some fresh air. He had been a prisoner with the Hellcats for about two weeks, and then it was another two weeks prisoner at the Coyotes' place. He felt like he was slowly going crazy if it wasn't for Jagi who kept him company.

The two men walked into the club and Yoongi asked the bartender for Mariel. He nodded and disappeared down the hall that led to the private rooms. He returned with Mariel following behind him, a scowl on her face, and her arms crossed over her chest. 

She was dressed in her Aztec stage costume and heavy make up.

The bartender gestured over to the two men and she recognized one of them. One of her slave owners, as she liked to put it. The other was probably new in the Pack, since she had never seen him before.

"I don't do private shows for two." She told them coldly.

Yoongi only chuckled in amusement at her words. "Princess, we own you. If we want a private show for two, you're doing it. But that's not why we're here."

She raised an eyebrow at him with curiosity. "Then what do you want?" 

"We're here to talk about your behavior with the customers lately. Come on." He explained to her. He then grabbed her by the arm and led her to the back rooms to talk privately. He gestured for Kyungsoo to follow, and the pack's former assassin had no choice but to obey. 

-

another little update for today. and in about a half hour i have to get ready for work. but when i return, i will post another update if my team does well at the mexican league final's first leg. my chivas are up against tigres of the autonomous university of nuevo leon. and tbh i think theyre gonna get slaughtered.

my lack of faith stems from the fact that tigres crushed rayados 6-1 in the quarter final, while chivas only managed a draw with atlas to continue to the semi. in the semi, tigres killed xolos 4-0 while chivas only drew with toluca 2-2 to pass.

i hope my team does well.

anyway, thank you all for reading. i hope you're having a wonderful week!

-clary