Chapter 2

What in the name of Beelzebub?

Beelzebub?
Lord of the flies?

I really couldn't help it, I mean, that guy is named after the Lord Of The Flies. And 'Beelzebub?'

I let out a laugh, atleast, as much as a laugh as I could manage with a frozen mouth.

And then realisation kicked in.

'She's Lucifer's half-heir- and you've just pissed him off!'

Lucifer.

Beelzebub said the name with such reverence, such fear.
But I had only one question-

Lucifer who?

I'm pretty certain that my adoptive dad's called Harold. And what exactly is a 'half-heir?'

While I was working out my brain cells trying to make sense of the Lucifer connection, I heard a snippet of the conversation between Beetlebub (haha) and the cronies, which I had successfully blocked out, that caught my attention.

"-he's not going to be pissed if we deliver her to him safe and sound!" said Crony 1.

There was a pause.

"I guess you're right," said Lord Beelzebub. "Fix her up, she does not look pretty without teeth."

Ah, so that is what they did. Poor lil toothless me. What would they do with teeth any-

My train of thought came to a crashing halt as I was hit on the head with a frying pan (atleast, that's what it felt like), and I was swimming in the ocean of darkness.

-----

I woke up to the sound of voices.

"It is her, sir Lucifer lord, sir. Look, she's got the same shade of eyes as yours!" I recognized the voice as Beelzebub's, but I was too groggy to open my eyes.

"You insufferable cod, do you think I can see her eyes while she's asleep?"
A cold voice dripping with venom spoke out. Ah, this must be Lucifer.

Good.

Wait, Lucifer, as in, I'm-the-half-heir-of-Lucifer Lucifer?

I forced my eyes open, one after the other, and looked at the strange sight around me.

I lay in a bed, with black sheets and a black duvet. The room had black walls with blood red splatters, which I hoped to goodness weren't real. At the door of this room stood two troglodytes. Or perhaps their closest surviving relatives. These must be Crony 1 and Crony 2.

On my right stood a tall, thin boy, who looked just about my age, looking at me as lovingly as I would look at bird poop. This must be Beelzebub.

And on my left stood a huge, misshapen blob of red. I couldn't see his face. This must be Lucifer.

I had only one question, though.

"Who the duck dressed me up in a Sleeping Beauty costume?!"

Not particularly fond of this, but I trust my secretary ahem ahem to make this better.