8th Meeting

Clare grinned and giggled as she read Jake's last message through tear-filled eyes, before looking back up to its sender. He was just standing there at the bottom of the steps with a shit-eating grin of his own, arms held out towards her. He recieved a mix of odd and appraising looks from the ladies, but Clare didn't care. She ran down the remaining steps and at the last one, she flung herself at Jake, her arms wrapping firmly around his neck and he caught her with ease. He chuckled right in her ear, his warm breath caressing her neck. "Hey there."

"You sonuvabitch."

"Missed you, too, princess."

Clare pulled back then, running her eyes over his face while his hands came up to frame hers. "No battle wounds this time?"

He wiped the tears that fell down her cheeks with his thumbs. "Nope. Not this time. Sorry."

She couldn't help but laugh a little, and Jake joined her, his forehead coming down to rest on hers as he nudged her nose with his. Then she watched as his eyes flickered down to her lips, and back up to meet her gaze. The soft smile she gave him was all the consent in the world he needed before his mouth slanted over her own. For a moment they enjoyed the simplicity of it all, before Clare began kissing him back, and Jake smirked into it.

They pulled away when they heard several wolf-whistles, and some whooping. Giggling again, Clare peered up at her boyfriend who gave her a cheeky grin in return before he started tugging on her hand and lead her to his car.

* * *

ATTENTION: If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in it's original, safe, form, please go to https://www.wattpad.com/user/awkward_tumbleweed

Thank you.