Four.

I've got a lover a love like religion, I'm such a fool for sacrifice,
It's coming down, down, I'm coming down. It's coming down, down, I'm coming down.
//
"So everything was going well for the two of you?"
"Yes. The next nine months were perfect, as much as I offered Damon refused to feed on me so he wouldn't harm the baby. We spent all of our time going on road trips and cuddling and having competitions of who could come up with the best baby name, we never even tried to pick a name for a boy because Damon was so sure that he could tell we were having a girl. He was right, and by the time our baby was born we'd picked out the perfect name for our little princess, Maisie Olivia Salvator. It didn't mean anything, neither of us had anyone that we cared about anymore."
"So what went wrong do you think?"
"Well Maisie was born and everything was great we had the perfect family but one night a few years later -it's quite sad that I remember the day- on October 9th 2014 Damon and I had a very large argument, he thought I'd cheated on him. So he thought he'd get even, so he cheated. Of course when he compelled the truth from me and found out that I hadn't cheated he felt incredibly awful. I didn't believe him. Nothing could convince me that he still loved me, especially when I learnt that every Saturday night from that night onwards he'd gone out to the local pub to get drunk with her. Who knows what they did together, he later explained that he was sick of me, he was drunk. But hey drunk words are sober thoughts."
"So then what happened?"
"I took Maisie and traveled to Mystic Falls, I went straight to Stefan and asked him to look after her for me. I attempted suicide that same day, maybe I was dramatic but he was the love of my life. Ironic though, isn't it how it was Elena who found me on Wickery Bridge and pulled me down."
"Did you ever speak to Damon again?"
"Yes. About three weeks later he found me and begged for me back, and of course me being so foolishly in love with him went straight back to him. Stefan told him what I'd been doing to myself" Sadie rolled up her sleeves to show the woman her many many scars,
"That's the only time I'd ever hurt myself, and Damon blamed himself and for a while after that, he treated me like glass- he didn't drink and by that j mean both blood straight from a human and alcohol. I thought he changed."