prologue

The TV reporter's eerie voice was the only sound that ecohed throughout the Hart house. It often filled the silence when the members of that house failed to do so themselves.

"Breaking news, 16 year old Riley Matthews has been missing as of July 1st. The police are currently investigating her location. She is suspected for the murder of her  boyfriend Mason Kieper. Please contact NYPD if you have any information that can assist in this search. She was last seen wearing a white hoodie and-"

"Shut off the TV." Katy Hart warned her husband, while washing the dishes.

Shawn followed her instructions obediently, pressing the power button on the remote.

He reasoned with her cautiously, "Did you not hear that? There's a murderer on the loose that looks like an innocent teen girl. I'm worried about Maya's safety."

His eyes darted to the rustic clock hanging above the television in their living room.

"It's already 11pm."

Shawn's voice trembled slightly along with the comment, his paternal instincts began to kick in as he thought about everything that could go wrong with his daughter.

Taking off her gloves, Katy dried her hands on the sides of her thighs briefly.

"The last thing we want her to be worrying about is a murderer, Shawn. Don't tell her about it." she pleaded.

Before he could respond, the two of them paused their conversation when they recognized the familiar sound of keys jiggling in their lock.

A vertically challenged teenager entered their home, her blonde hair in a much larger mess than it was before she left. The girl shut the door behind her gently, hiding the shine of he moonlight.

"Hey." Maya greeted.

STARRING

SABRINA CARPENTERasMAYA HART

SABRINA CARPENTER
as
MAYA HART

ROWAN BLANCHARDasRILEY MATTHEWS

ROWAN BLANCHARD
as
RILEY MATTHEWS