Unstoppable

I remember when I first met Sans.

I had just left the ruins, and I was already cursing the world for my bad luck. Of course, it was snowing underground (which was supposed to be impossible) and that stupid flower had given me a headache.

"You're gonna have a bad time with that attitude."

Of course that had been his opener. What else would suit the damn skeleton?

Looking at him now, I couldn't help but to laugh. He was weak, a slash through his side as if he was cardboard. His attacks did surprise me at first, but I overpowered him. He looked almost pathetic now... Just a pile of bones.

"Well," he said, sounding burdened. "You beat me."

I grinned, knowing that my smile was almost demonic in nature. "That I did, bonehead."

"All you had to do was kill me," he breathed. "And I guess that wasn't too difficult, for you."

I raised an eyebrow. The monologue was unlike Sans... He had to be stalling. But for what? I had already won, and he knew that.

"I never thought it would have come to this," he continued. "But... I will not let any more of my friends die. Not by your hands."

I scoff at him. "You're half-dead, sans. What are you planning on doing, haunting me beyond the dust?"

He seemed to ignore me. "You know, I've never had to do this before. I almost feel... Sorry... For you. Not because you're evil, but..." he trailed off. I looked at him smugly. What was he going to do?

"Do you remember what I said?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Who remembers all the shit that comes out of your mouth, Sans?"

He manages a dry laugh, and out of his empty sockets, two red eyes suddenly blare. "Y o u' d   b e        d e a d   w h e r e   y o u   s t a n d."

Shit. The world began to go white, and I began to fidget, not feeling as confident as I had before. What was going on? What...

"E x a c t l y   w h e r e   y o u   s t a n d."

A white beam pulsed and disappeared. Where Sans had stood, there was now a blur. Floating there was a giant sans head, accompanied by two skeletal arms that stretched nearly as far as I could see.

Shiiiiiiit.

"Get comfortable, kid."

My red soul becomes visible inside my chest. The familiar white box forms around me, a barrier neither my enemy nor I can cross. I remember these elementary battle lessons from my first fights, but now they seem to take on more more meaning.

The two giant hands pound at the box, and I find a glitter of hope. In here, I am safe, and Sans is only a head. Though I couldn't read his stats, a head can't have that much power, right? Right.

Even so, I feel uneasy. His first attack is a red beam from his mouth cutting through the center of my box, which I easily dodge. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

I reach for my FIGHT box and prepare an attack, but sans gets there first. Raising his fists, he destroys the green attack eye.

He wasn't done. As I watched helplessly from my white box, he reached for my FIGHT box. Gripping it in both hands, he rips it into two pieces and lets them shatter on the ground.

Previously while I was fighting monsters, I had felt unstoppable... The great Chara, conquering wherever I went. Now, I wasn't sure at all.

In fact, I was in over my head. I quickly reach for my MERCY button, but sans destroys it without even a glance with his hand beam.

I feel a strange coldness. One of Sans's eyes turn purple, the other becomes yellow. Just as I max out my HP with a Glamburger, he attacks with a mouth beam. My HP becomes lower and lower until it's dangerously low, so I grab some Instant Noodles and scarf them down, not caring how bad they taste. My HP is maxed out, and sans's hand beams come next, though they're a bit easier to dodge.

Not giving me time to recover HP, sans uses a bone attack, his fingers moving over them like a piano to bring me pain. He then combines it with a mouth beam, causing me to fall to my knees in the snow.

I reach for my ITEMs, but Sans crumbles the button with a hand beam. My eyes are swimming in pain, the world seeming to take odd twists and turns.

I try to plead with him, but my voice won't work correctly. All that comes out is the odd strangled sob, making me seem even more insane than I was before.

Raising two fists, Sans does the impossible: he smashes the restrains of the white box. I try to run, but his arms encircle me.

He reaches through my body, capturing my soul with his left hand. I see his right hand begin to glow, but I refuse to close my eyes. I will meet death proudly...

With a small, chaotic smile, Sans speaks the last words I will ever hear. "You're gonna have a bad time..."

T h i s   i s   t h e   e n d.

---

Thanks for reading! Lots of credit to the True Hell - Ultra Sans video by A Huge Pancake. I don't like the ending, so I changed it for this fic. Hope you liked it!