You're Next

Out of Game is in Italics

--

Let me just say, my tenth Sans fight isn't going so well.

The first time I played this game, I played a pacifist run. Then I got cocky and decided I could beat genoicide. That's failing.

It's been nine tries and I'm still stuck on the damn Sans fight. Going in on the tenth try, something seems to be a little different. I'm doing a YouTube live stream, but I stopped paying attention to the chat five tries ago.

In the hall, things are noticeably different. The color scheme is gray and black, the windows are broken. As I look behind me, I notice that the door is locked with bones.

"This is new... Anyways, as I was saying, I think I'm just going to reset and go back to a pacifist run. Genoicide was fun, but I can't get past Sans, so..." I open my box, but nothing is there except "Error - entity not found."

"What?"

I try to open the save file, but the same message popped up.

"That's weird... So I can't reset? That seems a little off. That seems way off, actually."

In front of me and to my right, I notice a pile of dust under a red scarf.

"Hey, that's from Papyrus! I didn't know dust was moveable..."

Suddenly, I see sans' silhouette further up on the screen. I move my Frisk closer to him, but then I realise that he is staring at the ground, his mouth open in a creepy grin.

*Sans has gone completely mad.

"wEELL THIS IS NEW!" I exclaim, my eyes wide as I scoot my chair a bit further away from the computer.

*For once I'll do something... -Sans

He looks at Frisk, one of Papyrus's torn gloves in his hands.

*Something I should have done a long time ago... -Sans

"Um, YES? AND WHAT IS THAT?"

The game glitches out. Distorted images appear in the screen, and my minimise, close out, smaller/larger, and bar buttons disappear. Even when I move my mouse, they don't pop up.

The top left corner glitches. Instead of UNDERT❤LE, it now has my name. My full name.

"UMMMM WHAT THE FUCK WHY DOES IT HAVE MY NAME?"

*Hahaha... Look. Who's in control now, Nyssa Barrera? -Sans

"UMMM WHAT THE FUCK I'M ON ADMIN'S COMPUTER HOW DOES IT HAVE MY NAAAAAME?"

*You... You did this so many times. Why? -Sans

"WELL I FUCKING THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN BUT I GUESS NOOOOOT."

"WHY THE FUCK AM I TALKING TO A GAAAAAME?"

*No matter, Nyssa Barrera... It's time to put an end to this. -Sans

Frisk is pulled to Sans somehow. He picks them up by the collar.

*It's my turn now, Nyssa Barrera. I'm going to send you to the void.  There's no way out now...! -Sans

The game crashes.

I have a few seconds of shock before my gloating begins.

"Yeah, right? No way out, huh? You're just a game! Whooo, I actually got scared there for a second... Okay, lemme reboot this. I wanna see what happens next."

I go to task manager, but Undertale is no longer listed.

"Um... Okay? I'll reboot my computer, it's probably just a glitch."

I hit the power off button, but all that popped up on the screen was "access denied."

"Access denied? WHADDYA MEAAAAAAAAAN?"

*People like you just don't listen, huh? Adorable. -Sans

The Undertale screen pops back up. All of the glitches are still there, but now my name is crossed out.

*I'm in control now. -Sans

"UM WHAT THE HOLY FUCKING SHIT? WHAT?"

I scan the computer with antivirus.

*You still think this is just a game, don't you? -Sans

"I MEAN I'M HOPING!" I make the cross over myself.

Everything on my computer is infected with... Determination? "WHAT KIND OF FUCKING VIRUS IS DETERMINATION?"

*You still think this is all some funny joke, don't you? -Sans

"NOoooooooOOOOO!"

*I'll show you something real funny, kid. -Sans

Every file name is replaced with the name of every monster Frisk killed, including how many times I killed them. I scoot my chair farther away from the computer as my hard drive is replaced with a coding called "pain". Seeing as I know nothing about computers, this only confuses me.

Frisk enters battle, and Megalovania begins to play. I nervously hum along, checking Sans's stats. He has one attack and one defense.

I chuckle nervously. "That's... Pathetic..."

Deciding to attack, I timidly press the button. My attack kills Sans instantly.

"...Is that it?"

*huh... Guess that's it... Guess I'm dead now, huh... If only it were that easy... It's not over yet... i'm not finished with you, kid... -Sans

Sans transforms into Ultra Hell Sans.

"I saw that YouTube video! I didn't know it was actually in the game..."

I decide to check sans.

"Okay, we're back to the question marks, good... Oh, there he goes, destroying my buttons... Now he's picking up my soul... I'm boned, haha..."

Ultra Sans doesn't look at Frisk. He looks at me.

*You're next, kiddo.

He blasts Frisk's soul.

The computer turns off and begins to smoke. I scoot my chair away from it, utterly confused.

"So, um, I'm going to toss this computer into the nearest busy street... Buy admin a new one... What the holy fuck was that..."

A song begins to play, one sounding very Undertale-ish that I don't remember.

"Not coming from their phone? Nope. Tablet? Nope. Computer? Definitely nope... What the...?"

A shadow looms over me and onto the table. A bright blue light from behind me allows me to see a skelatal shadow, a deadly silhouette out of the corner of my eyes.

"Well fu -"

Static.

--

This idea was from a YouTube commenter called Timothy Holly.