Small

Sans POV

The latest human to fall down here is probably the youngest we've ever had down here. Three-year-old Adrianna plopped down on the field of flowers about two weeks ago, and she's officially an honorary monster since nobody could find it in their souls to hurt her. Even Flowey took one look at her and plopped back into the ground - I'm not sure what he's waiting for, but at least we get time with her before he decides to fuck shit up.

Adrianna isn't good at speech yet. While she does attempt to talk, most of her words are limited to "no sir" and "nono sir". If she opens her eyes, it's very rare, and only for a few moments.

It's time for her bath, which is the only reason I'm in here with a naked three-year-old and not on a job. Today, she sits obediently in the bathtub as bubbles rise around her.

I pick up the soap.

The moment I make contact with her back, she begins to wail. I'm concerned at first, but then I get even more concerned as I noticed long, scabbed scars carved into her back. I take a few shuffles back, a new wave of concern flashing through my eyes.

*Aw, kid...

I pick her up as she screams, quieting down as I rub salve into her back.

*Hey kid, it's okay, ya know? I'm gonna take great care of ya here, kid. Don't you worry.

I take a deep breath, my eye flashing a quick blue as I think of who could have done this to her. She's not the first human to fall down with an abuse story, but...

*You're too small for this, Adi.

I rock her back and forth, shushing her.

*You're too small...