INVERNO -01

As the dead horse rode through the forest and as the wind blew, the frost and cold around became almost unbearable for a common human

As the dead horse rode through the forest and as the wind blew, the frost and cold around became almost unbearable for a common human. The temperature was so low, everything around was frozen. No life....nothing, the wilds were heading south and at the edge of the north, in the deep winter and among death there stood life.

As the white walker stopped his horse and looked at the baby, a newborn. Crying inside a ring of Fire, but not common fire. It was like light, it was the only light. In the middle of the deep winter and darkness there it was. A small baby crying, a baby girl with pale skin in the middle of a ring of Fire.

As the walker got closer the flames grew stronger, he back away in fear. The warmth and the light weren't usual in the edge of the north. Yet he choose to reach for the child, he was once a human too. Maybe that was a sign, a sign that there would be life here too. He couldn't turn her.....no, she was pure fire. He wouldn't turn her then, he would raise her.

Two years passed and the baby grew up, it was a miracle that she survived. In the winter among dead, but she grew to love the prince. That was how she called him, the ice prince who had saved the girl on fire. She was running around the snow and giggling as she had seen a small insect.

The walked was watching her from afar, there was no place for her there anymore. She had to go south, but how could he let her be all alone? He was once a human, he had no children but he wanted. She was calling him prince but he couldn't speak to her, only mumble things. But he protected her, he feared her and took her in. It was strange.....he was a monster. He was dead. Yet life grew, but the truth was that he was a terrified of her fire , lighting fires in the night and making the sun rise was things that didn't happen there.....so after half year he decided to head south, with some of his soldiers he left the girl near the wall.

She was crying and running after them but he couldn't turn and take her. She deserved a good life, but he stood behind the trees with his horse and watched until someone would come for her. And they did....men of the Watch did, dressed in black. And they took her in, beyond the Wall. And that was the last time the night prince saw his little girl, the last time he saw the sun.

Winterfell

Benjen Stark was riding fast toward Winterfell, he had to see his brother. Three years of peace were too much he supposed ironically, but this wasn't exactly war.....but who knew what that was anyway. A three year old girl in the forest, alone, crying her eyes out and calling for her prince? Her father prince? What sort of madness was that? The Watch had questioned everyone beyond the Wall about the girl but none knew anything, she looked human. A beautiful girl, with long brown hair and deep brown eyes. Pale as the snow and slim. The wilds said that she came with death, that death and unhappiness brought her to the forest and left her to bring the light....but that was just bullshit people, who had never seen civilization in their lives, talked about. It was top secret, none knew about the little one except four people. Benjen, Nedd and two more men from the Watch. As he passed the gates of Winterfell and reached the castle he got the girl down from the horse and managed to get her inside without anyone noticing her.

Meanwhile little Marriena was scared, she had never seen so many people like her before, after the men of the Watch took her in the warmth, she felt like human again but she wanted her night prince. Right now she was sleeping, that's what she did in the whole ride to Winterfell. As Benjen got inside his brother's office and saw him he sighed relieved and let the girl gently on one of the chairs, he shifted his gaze to his brother and his wife.

"She was found in the forest, the wilds said that she came with death and darkness....but nothing that matters, none identified her as their child though, she is a ghost story" he said and stroked her hair gently "she keeps calling for her 'prince'....but none knows the child beyond the Wall" he said and sighed looking at Nedd

"Leave her here, we will think of a story to tell the civilians and the king" Nedd said and observed the girl, he sighed was she a threat? Was she the promise? What was she? They didn't know, but she looked harmless. She was just a child after all, they couldn't kill her.

"From now and on, Marienna Marshall will live with us. She is the daughter of a mighty soldier who died in the battlefield....and the way she was found will be top secret" said Nedd and picked her up handing her to Catelyn

"Get her to a new room, I will see you in our bed later" he said and smiled at he wife, as she left the office he sighed

"We need to find what she is? Where does she come from? Are you sure she is not a child of the wildings?" Nedd asked again looking at his brother, silently hoping for his answer to be negative

"We are 100 percent sure she is not a child of the wildings.....Nedd, I don't know who she is or where she comes from but there are rumors of her coming from the deep winter....from the edge" Benjen replied and lowered his gaze "the gods help us for none to find out about her" he whispered finally before they said their goodbyes and he left for the Wall again. Before the sun could rise ....

Winterfell 13 years later

Marienna Marshall had grown up into a charming and beautiful woman, clever and courageous

Marienna Marshall had grown up into a charming and beautiful woman, clever and courageous. The best in the north with a Spear, maybe in the whole Westeros. She had beaten everybody and even Robb Stark. The eldest son of the Starks, they had grown up together. He was three years older, handsome and every girl's dream. Except Marienna's. Mare or Marie as they usually called her, they had always been having a love hate relationship. Dinner time came and Mare had her long red dress on, walking inside the dinning room and sitting beside Jon. Her best friend, she was the one who would defend him when he would be fighting with Robb or when Catelyn would yell at him for nothing. She was the one who accompanied him in horse riding or the one who would sneak him her chambers because she was too afraid to sleep alone with the wolves howling. He was her first kiss two years ago but they both agreed to never do it again as they didn't like each other that way

Robb was a charming boy, almost every girl in Winterfell had a crush on him or wanted to get him to their beds. But there Mare stood, the stubborn, clever, courageous girl who grew up with them. At first they had tried being friends but then she was hanging out with Jon more and then the fights between them came and the love hate relationship began. She got in his nerves, but deep down he was crushing on her. Now well shaved and with not so formal clothes on he got to the dinning table and sat down opposite from Maria glaring at her earning a glare himself from her. She was sitting beside Jon....again. He was jealous sometimes, of their friendship.