Losing You (James Maslow Imagine)

All week, you've been working late and haven't been able to hang out with your boyfriend, James. Every day, he'd call you and ask how your day was and if you can hang out. But every phone call, your answer was, "I can't, babe. I have to work late again. Maybe another day?"

James felt hurt every time you told him this because he really missed you and felt that you didn't want to be with him. You didn't know this because James is the kind of person who keeps to themselves until they can't hold it in anymore.

Tonight, you worked until 11 o'clock and drove home to a car on your driveway. It wasn't a random car, it was James'. You walked passed his car and no one was inside. Then, you walked to your front door and unlocked it scared to see what was behind the door. There were lights on in the living room and you knew James was there. When you walked into the living room, the tv was on as well as the lights but there was no one watching. Just as you were about to turn off the tv, two hands covered your mouth. Your first reaction was to scream but the two hands muffled your screams. The person holding you then turned you around.

It was James. You pushed him away and punched him in his stomach. He crouched over, holding his stomach saying, "What the hell was that for?" You crossed your arms and replied saying,"Well you just scared the crap out of me and acted like a killer." James started bursting out into laughter and you didn't know why. "It wasn't funny, James!"
"It kinda was since you knew I was here and still freaked out." He gave you a hug but you didn't hug back since you were still a little angry. "What? I don't even get a hug?" You rolled your eyes and walked to the kitchen since you haven't eaten yet. "C'mon babe." You turned around and James was sitting on one of the stools. "What?" You asked. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you'd be this upset." You rolled your eyes. "It's fine. Are you hungry?"
"No, I'm good." You got out some leftovers and microwaved them. Then you sat on a stool next to James and ate while checking your phone.

After dinner, you and James went upstairs to your bedroom and laid on the bed. "Why did you come over and not tell me?" James looked at you and looked down at his hands. "Well, we haven't been hangout together lately and I thought you were.." James stopped talking in the middle of his sentence. "You thought I was doing what?" He didn't reply and was still fiddling with his fingers. "You thought I was cheating! Didn't you?" he still wasn't answering and you got up from the bed. "How could you, James? You know I would never do that to you. I love you but apparently you don't see that." James stood up and started walking towards you. But instead of letting him near you, you opened the door and walked downstairs. James was calling your name but you kept ignoring him and walked to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water.

"I didn't think you were cheating, (Y/N)."
"Then what were you thinking?" James pinned you against the wall making you look into his hazel eyes and his face was just centimeters away. "I thought you didn't want to spend time with me and that I was losing you."
"What? I would never not want to be with you. I just have been working more so I could make more money and buy a new car."
"Why didn't you tell me that?" you knew James felt stupid right now. "I don't know. you never asked." Just then, James held your face and kissed you long and sweet. "I am so sorry (Y/N)."
"Don't worry about it. This will make our relationship stronger, James. And never think that you will ever loose me."