Ten - I Can Help Out

Dedicated to leeds_2011 for all the lovely comments she always shares on this story. Thank you for your endless support so far, babes!!

It turns out that this visit was far from a normal visit. Harry had to lend Louis a new shirt while the boy took a shower since Atlas decided to ruin a good moment by weeing all over him.

Harry didnt mind, though, because one, it didnt happen to him this time which is a plus and two, Louis would feel a bit more at home and explore the house as he found the bathroom and personally get to use it to check if its safe. Even though he's in the master bathroom.

The last time someones been over and used his bathroom was... Well... Not since he decided to leave his husband. Ex-husband. Harry didnt want to think about this right now, though. What a way to ruin a moment. Harry at least hopes that the male was happy with his young aspiring artists he left Harry for. Because Harry was happy with his new family and he's definitely happy nowadays knowing that he's about to have a child of his own.

Shit. He forgot to tell his mother.

"I never knew having jets spraying from the side of a shower would be as amazing as that was. Was scared the shower door was going to pop open and the water was going to make a mess of the room but it didnt. Jets in showers are probably better than jets in a bath." Louis' voice came out as he walked into the living room where Harry was, Beast on his lap with Chunk at his feet. Layla wasnt around, she was in the doggy room sleeping. Harry glanced over at Louis and just looked at the way his shirt was a bit too large for Louis. It fit him, wasn't falling off or anything, but it didn't seem form fitting. It just looked like Louis ordered a shirt about a size and a half bigger than he should have.

"Hello? Earth to Harry." Louis spoke and thats when Harry just blinked and looked up at him instead of just staring at him like some creep.

"Sorry. But yeah, the jets in the shower were custom made. Made the shower door be magnetized and sliding so the water couldn't push it open or slide out from any cracks or anything." Harry spoke and then just pushed Beast off of him so he could stand up from his position and just walked over to where Louis was. He smelt like coconut and piña colada. He used Harry's going out conditioner and body soap instead of his laze around conditioner and body soap. He has a different smell for certain occasions. Sue him.

"Thats amazing. I like that." Louis said before looking around. "Alright. I kind of looked around upstairs already. I wrote notes on me phone so I'll send them to you. Now let's see the back yard. That's where your otter and pig are, yes? They're another thing I'm very worried about with a baby around. They're exotic pets, right? Can never be too sure how they would act around a small child."

Harry nodded easily before moving to offer an arm out for Louis to take the lead to get outside first. Which Louis gladly did take the lead in doing without a moments worth of hesitation. He pushed open the sliding glass door and then just hummed. "Might want to child lock this door. Its rather easy to slide open." He stated before he stepped out and just gave a small gasp. The yard was huge and he didn't even know where to start looking.

The backyard seemed to be in sections and the first thing that Louis noticed was the cutest thing in the entire planet standing up behind one of the gates. It was the otter, he concluded. "Oh my god. Look at him! He's so cute!" Louis practically squealed out before he just glanced over at Harry and cleared his throat. "I mean.. The uh... The habitat is good. Safe."

Harry snickered softly and just moved to shut the sliding glass door and walked up to where Louis was. "I'm going to get a pool gate to go around the major pool area. But he does have a little pond built in for him but that's in his enclosure so I think its safe. Hard to get into unless the latch is pulled and even then, its about my height so a baby or a child couldn't get it. The pig has a pen so its just a wooden fence. Again, its got a latch."

Louis nodded easily. "Yeah. Its all good. Just get that gate built around the pool and make sure that the pen is polished because the child may try to chew on it and there can't be a problem with splinters." He explained and then his eyes went back to the little otter that was still at the gate, little nose twitching a bit.

Harry obviously noticed. "I think they might be hungry. Wanna feed Jinx while I feed Ace?"

Louis glanced over at Harry and just smiled widely. "Yeah. I can help out. The otter is Jinx, right?"

Harry nodded. "He is." He said. "He eats crustaceans.. Shrimp.. Stuff like that. I have a bucket full of it in the fridge. Just have to dump it out on the floor and he'll love you forever."

While Harry walked inside to retreave the food for Ace and Jinx, Louis stayed outside and just walked closer to the enclosure, kneeling down and holding his hand out to the otter through the metal of the enclosure. He'll have to tell Harry to fix that as well. He doesn't want the hot metal being a problem. But right now the otter just reached over and touched his fingers and he was going to die happily at this moment.

"I brought watermelon, too." Harry spoke up and it made Louis glance back at him and stand, brushing down his shirt a bit since he found he had wrinkled it a bit when crouching down.

"Huh?"

"Watermelon. Its a treat. He absolutely loves it, I reckon." Harry explained as he came out with two buckets, handing one of them to Louis. It had a horrible smell but it did have two pieces of watermelon along with it. Fish never really was his cup of tea. Though, he occasionally eats fish and chips.

"Alright. I'll go feed Ace so you're free to go in amd give Jinx his food. Careful, though, sometimes he likes to splash water." Harry said before moving to walk over the other direction to get to the pig pen and when he got close enough, there was a small yet high pitched squealing noise and Harry laughed at the excited little pig. "Hi, Ace!"

Louis watched Harry leave for a moment before he just gave a small smile and turned back to the otters little home. He held the pale in one hand while the other reached up and worked the latch off to be able to step inside of the enclosure. He shut the door and was instantly feeling something against his leg and he couldn't help but to coo. The otter was practically hugging his leg and looking up at him. He didn't mind the way that the leg of his bottoms were getting a bit damp.

"Hi!" Louis said softly and just knelt down, the little animal moving back as he did so before he noticed the pale. That normally signified food so if course he moved forward and quickly knocked it sideways, the contents spilling out. The otter instantly grabbed a piece of watermelon before he scurried away and got in the pond. However, he was just floating on his back as he ate the watermelon slice like that. Louis glanced around for a moment before he got out his phone and took a little video to send to his sisters with the caption 'It's a good day to be at work. xx L'

Louis put his phone back away before he just stood up from his spot and dumped the rest of the animals food out of the pale and just lifted the empty pale up again, smiling down at the otter. He loved him already. Louis glanced over to where the pig pen and his smile grew a bit softer because he saw the way Harry was running around and he could get only glimpses of the pig chasing after him. It was a good sight. Louis figured that maybe he didnt want this moment to end. Then again, it kind of had to. He'll just enjoy the moments while he had them and focus on the priority here. Not the little pleasures it brought him.