Twenty - Baby Shoes

"Harry. Come on. You've got enough stuff." Louis complained, looking up at Harry. He was currently sitting down on a box that contained a baby swing. He hoped if he sat on it, Harry wouldn't notice it and want to buy it as well.

"But, Lou! They have tiny little baby shoes!" Harry exclaimed from somewhere else. Thats definitely not where Louis remembered leaving him.

"Harold!"

"Look! Its baby boots! They even have baby converse! Oh my God, they have baby Timberland's."

Louis groaned loudly. Harry seemed to not understand that Louis wanted to literally leave and not be here any longer. They have a cart full of tons of baby shit already. Harry had baby utensils, baby proofing items (which okay Louis liked those), bibs, onsies, fifteen packs of diapers, twenty packs of baby wipes, dummy's, chew toys, regular toys, outfits that he decided weren't gender specific and that would look adorable on a girl or a boy.. And on the bottom he had a boxed up highchair. Louis was done.

"Harry!" Louis called out again.

"Fine! Jesus!" Harry called back and walked back to the cart where he had baby monitors, five pairs of baby shoes, beanies, and a baby lotion and baby safe q-tips in his arms. Where the hell did he find all of that? Louis swore he was just by the shoes the entire time. This boy is absolutely nuts.

"Okay. I think I'm— oh my god is that a baby swing?" Harry spoke as he glanced down at what Louis was sitting on. But then Louis closed his legs and shook his head, hiding the photo.

"No. No it is not." Harry stared at him. "Harry, come on! You've got more than enough baby shit!"

"Not a baby swing!" Harry whined out and gave Louis a hard pout. It was practically a stare down between the both of them before Louis gave in and just groaned the entire time he moved to stand back up, stepping to the side for Harry to look at the baby swing. It made Harry grin widely and to Louis, maybe it was all worth it in the end. That smile was everything. He thinks its the dimples.

Louis had come to terms with his attraction towards Harry at this point. He had so many thoughts that he just decided to stop trying to scold himself every time and just go with it. And it wasn't half bad, liking Harry came with some perks. Enjoying his beauty was one of them. Yes, thats a perk.

"It's even neutral colours! Its white and a really light green! Or maybe that's a light teal colour." Harry explained and then just looked back at Louis with a small nod. "I'm getting this. Definitely getting this. And now we just need one of those baby walker things. You know the one? Where you put the baby in and there's like games and stuff around him but its on wheels so when the baby is old enough, they can just start walking."

Louis reached up and rubbed a hand down his face. "Harold..."

"I'll find it. You just bring that to the front with the cart, please!"

Before Louis was able to speak another word, Harry was already skipping off to find what he was looking for. He didnt even have a kid yet or even got approved or even sent in applications to the adoptive parents to get approved. Then again, he was prepared. Which was good.

"This boy.. Making me do shit. What if I dont want to bring the stuff to the front, huh? What if I just wanted to go home and watch the telly? But no.. I have to drag baby crap over to the front. He asks me to take charge but does he ever think that maybe I dont want to?" Louis grumbled to himself and he dragged the box with the baby swing to the cart. There wasn't any room. He didnt want to put it in the cart because he could possibly break the other things and the highchair box took up the bottom of the cart.

So.. There he was, balancing the box between his chest and the cart as he slowly pushed it to the front to check out. He stumbled along the way but he never once let the box drop. He called that an accomplishment.

"Finally! There he is, that's the rest of the stuff." Harry spoke up and Louis finally looked over and saw him standing by a checkout stand.

"You're here? And you didnt bother to like... Oh, I dont know, actually come back to help me?" Louis spoke up, frowning. Though, Harry started to laugh and he had to question if he was truly upset with him anymore. Damn him, though. Damn him to heaven, though, because he's too pretty for hell.

"Well.. It was humorous watching you waddle your way over here. I timed just how long it took you and it took you five minutes, twenty seven seconds exactly to get right here." Harry grinned before he finally stepped over and grabbed for the box between Louis and the cart and then just slid that over for the lady to ring up.

"Oh. So you're a smart arse now." Louis stated, unable to stop the grin from forming on his lips. Again, how could be that upset with Harry when he was like this? Today he was being very extra with everything and it was almost to the point where Louis just wanted to squeeze him and never let go. For others benefit, though, because he's already got into one purposeful fight today. Also, he's cute.

"Shut up and out the stuff on the belt for her to ring up." Harry spoke up and Louis complied.

~

"I still can't believe you spent like five hundred pounds on baby stuff today." Louis spoke as they set everything they had in an empty room. Louis decided that this is the nursery room Harry wants for the baby.

"Mhm. Only the best for my baby." Harry grinned before he just looked around the room. He already decided to have professional painters come and use the paint he bought to do the room. But then Harry turned to Louis with wide eyes. "I forgot a crib."

"No! No! Absolutely not!"