Thirty - We're Gonna Be Alright

The car ride was silent. Harry didn't want to start any kind of conversation first because that just didn't seem like the right thing for him to do at the moment. However, it was getting a bit uncomfortable just sitting there in silence. Not to mention how if Louis fidgeted in his seat one more god damn time, Harry was going to lose his entire mind. 

"Okay." Louis said softly. Oh, thank god. "Um... So... Elephant in the room. I left you alone at your most vulnerable and it made it seem like I used you. Which I didn't but I know that it seemed like I did. I just... I got scared, I think. Things were just going way too fast and it was all happening too fast for me. You're going to have a kid soon and that just scared me because you were getting so close to me and I thought at one point that you were going to want to raise a kid with me and I just couldn't handle the pressure."

"Okay, first of all, shut up. Second of all, I wasn't thinking that at all. The kid I'm going to have is my kid. We aren't together. What we were doing was just having fun together and it was a small fling. I wasn't going to ask you of anything serious because I'm not crazy." Harry spoke before Louis could continue his babble. "I just really was heartbroken and I felt like you used me. I needed you when I woke up and you weren't there and you were a complete dick about it."

"Well... You were kind of a dick to me when I tried to explain myself, too. This isn't just about putting all of the blame on me, you know." Louis shot back. 

"I cant believe you just said that to me. You're going to blame me for everything right now?"

Louis froze. "No-no that's... no that's not what I'm doing. I'm just... I was just trying to say-"

Harry laughed softly. "I was joking. I'm not going to be the type to throw everything in your face. I'm not going to get mad. It was just funny to see you get scared."

Louis groaned and shoved at Harrys shoulder. "You, my friend, are actually an evil person."

"Mm... You knew what you were signing up for." Harry smiled. "Now, I was going to get coffee but now I'm in the mood for McDonalds. You in or should I drop you off somewhere?"

"Only if we get to go back to your place. I miss all the animals that used to climb over me and just wonder the whole house. You have the best house in the world." Louis said softly. 

Harry chuckled. "Of course I'm going to take you back home. And just letting you know there is a heavily pregnant lady and her husband living there, as you may know, so she might be all over you and questioning you because they know about the whole ordeal because I have a hard time saying no to them when they ask questions since they're giving me a child."

Louis opened his mouth to speak but Harry just continued on. "Oh, and we need to get them something to eat as well. Just in case they didn't abuse their option of having a chef cook for them today."

Louis laughed. "Alright, alright." he said. "Um... about that, though. You're getting awfully close with these people, don't you think?"

"Um.. Yeah." Harry said.

"Well... I have your file under a closed adoption.." Louis trailed off.

"Right." Harry said simply, somewhat confused.

"And... You know what a closed adoption is right?"

Harry looked over for a second before he faced the road again. "I do...'

"Okay. Listen. Harry. You're getting really close to these people. Once they give you that baby, they will have no right to stick around. They can't have time with you and the baby. They're contractually not able to get any seeing time with this baby. A closed adoption is that they give you the baby and that's the end of things. This isn't an open adoption where they're free to visit and be apart of the childs life." Louis said bluntly.

Harry stayed silent.

"Harry... I'm not saying what you're doing isnt amazing. Youve given these people a home for the time being and so many amazing perks. But... Maybe you shouldn't. They're going to be out of your life soon." Louis continued.

Harry cleared his throat. "I... I know." He said softly.

"Do you?" Louis asked. "Your heart is way too big for your body. Youre the nicest person I've ever met. And i know you're doing this because you're just so grateful that they're giving you a child when you can't have one of your own. However, maybe this isn't the right thing to do because you get attached easily and they can't stay after the birth."

Just when Harry thought that his life was going to get better and easier, here comes another bombshell.