Can't Sleep

Quick A/N before we begin. In order to help keep things understandable anything happening inside Devin's head will be italicized. And anything the Addict says while Devin is awake is italicized. So now let's embark on yet another supernatural journey ❤️🐺
*************
"Wake uppppp." She sang with a smirk. My eyes flutter open to see the addict sitting at my desk with a smug look. "I'm taking you on an adventure." She says getting up and walking over to me. I can't move though, my body is paralyzed. Her smiles remains wicked as she stands above me. "Boop." She laughs tapping my forehead and entrancing me once again.

Immediately I was in the woods, the smell of Stiles blood hits my nose with a strong whiff . "Stiles!" I call out. "Stiles!" No response.

I follow his scent into a clearing in the woods but he is no where to be found. "Stiles, Stiles he sounds delightful. Devin, Devin I sent him to heaven." My addict sang as she sat on a tree limb.

"No!" I scream out as I leap to attack her but she just vanishes before reappearing behind me.

"Oh you'll have to be fast than that." She smirks as a lunge out for her again. This time she lets me get her but zaps me into another realm.

I'm now standing in a hospital staring through the window of a room watching Stiles lie in the bed looking as if he had been attacked by a werewolf. "Stiles son, I need you to tell me who did this." His father begs.

A tear slips down my cheek at the sight. He looked so broken, not just physically but emotionally. I watched as he lifted the mask and took a deep breath. "Devin." He chokes before the heart monitor go crazy.

"Oh times up." The Addict giggles.

"No." I shake my head as tears fall. "No no no! Stiles!" I scream banging on the window in front of me. "Stiles I'm sorry." I cry.

"Pathetic." My addict laughs.

I shoot up in my bed, heart pounding, sweating and breathing heavy. "It's just a dream." I whisper to myself. "She's just a dream."

"Am I?" She questions but I ignore her.

I run a hand through my sweaty hair and look at the clock. 1:17. I wasn't even asleep an hour. I reach over to my phone and pick it up texting Stiles.

Don't do it. Don't text him.

I quickly start packing a bag of clothes for tomorrow

I quickly start packing a bag of clothes for tomorrow. He doesn't really love you. There is one good thing about the Addict, I can't see her when I'm awake, I can only hear her.

Once my bag is pack I head down the steps and out to my car. Thankfully Steve was working the night shift again so there's no sneaking out. Don't go Devin. Stay here we can have more fun!

"Shut up!" I snap back. Stiles house may be a five minutes drive but I've mastered it to 3. Pulling in I kill the engine trying to remain as quite as possible. I make my way to the side of his house and pull my self up on a branch and use it to make my way to his window. I know lightly and wait before lifting it.

"Hey." I smile softy.

One last chance Devin.

I ignore her as Stiles climbs out of bed and walks over. "Did I wake you?" I ask putting my bag on the ground.

"Nah no I can't sleep. What about you what's up?" He ask coming and cupping my face.

Eek gross.

"Just a bad dream. It kind shook me up." I admit leaning into his hand.

"Yea? What about?" He questions as he takes my hand and leads me to the bed.

I stay quite as I climb in and let him follow before laying my head on his chest. Stiles respect the silence and just lays there running his hands through my hair. "It was about you." I admit finally as I lay drawing circles on his bare chest.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He mumbles.

I shake my head as I pull my self closer to him. "No I just wanna lay here and listen to your heart beat." Stiles nods and presses a kiss to my head.

I let my eyes close slowly as I drift off.

My addict sits in the corner, hiding in the shadows. I stare at her in confusion. "What's wrong with you?" I ask in bitterness.

Don't get me wrong I hate the Addict but it is weird to see her cowering in the corner. "Him." She grumbles.

"Your scared of my boyfriend." I scoff rolling my eyes. My addict looks up at me for a moment before moving her glance back to the ground. "What ever, as long as your quite I don't care what he does."

I'm awoken by yelling coming from next to me. I open my eyes to see Stiles thrashing around next to me. "Stiles!" I try calling but nothing happens.

Seconds later Sheriff Stilinski burst through the door. "What's happening?"

"I don't know?" I admit tears welling up in my eyes as I try to wake him. The sheriff rushes over and wraps his arms around his son as Stiles eyes fly open. "Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. It's okay. You're okay." He coos rocking Stiles.

As Stiles begins to calm down I reach over and take his hand rubbing calming circles with my thumb. Stiles calmed down soon enough and Sheriff Stilinski reluctantly left the room.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I whispers as he holds me close. Stiles just shakes his head as he lays back, eyes wide open.

Why must Stiles and I so similar. We're both so stubborn and not wanting people to help us or even know we're hurting. We both the other is hurting but if we push to know why that means we will have to divulge our issues as well.