A Riddle

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things." Scott questions as we sat at a lunch table. Apparently Stiles had this sort of episode while in Coaches class.

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles adds.

"And has a voice in her head driving her crazy." I mumble.

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?" Allison finishes.

"They're all locked up because they're insane." Issac shrugs earning a glare from all of us.

Oh yes let's take a visit to Eichen and see some friends!!!

Stiles lets out a fake laugh. "Ha. Can you at least try to be helpful, please?"

"For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me." Issac retorts.

I let my head fall onto my arms in annoyance. "Ugh again with the freezer." I groan.

"Seriously dude are you still milking that?" Stiles ask.

Isaac nods his head. "Yeah, maybe I am still milking that."

Stiles opens his mouth to say something but is cut off by a small voice. "Hi. Hi, sorry. I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about. And I think I actually might know what you're talking about. There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called "Bardo." It literally means "in-between state." The state between life and death." The girl says as we all stare at her.

"And what do they call you?" Lydia asks leaning forward.

"Kira." Scott says taking us all by surprise. "She's in our History class."

"So are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?" Lydia questions curiously.

"Either, I guess." She shrugs. "But all the stuff you guys were just saying? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see, some you just hear. And you can by visited by peaceful and wrathful deities."

"How do you decline wrathful deities?" I ask in fear of what she would answer.

"Like Demons." Oh of course.

"Demons. Why not?" Stiles groans as I let my head fall on his shoulder.

"Hold on, if there are different progressive states, then what's the last one?" Alison questions.

"Death. You die." Kira responds.

Yay!

"Oh fan-fucking-tastic" I groan.
**********
"It sounds like your subconscious is trying to communicate with you." Deaton says as we all stand in the clinic, well they stand in sitting on the medical table.

"Well, how do I tell my subconscious to use a language that I actually know?" Stiles ask annoyed.

"Do you remember what the sign language looked like? The placement and movement of the hands?" Deaton questions.

"Wait wait wait, you know sign language." I asking kicking my feet back and forth.

"I know a little. Let me give it a shot." Deaton shrugs.

"Okay, the first one was like this. Then.." Stiles motions.

"That's "when." Deaton nods.

Stiles then moves his hands next to each other. "Then there was this, twice."

"That's door." Deaton respond.

"And this in between." Stiles motions again.

"That's it?" Deaton ask.

Stiles nods. "Yea."

"When is a door not a door?" Deaton says.

"When is a door not a door?" Stiles and I repeat in confusion.

"When it's ajar." Scott answers.

"A riddle?" I ask.

Ohhhh I love riddles!

"You're kidding me. A riddle? My subconscious wants to tell me a riddle?" Stiles snaps in annoyance.

"Not necessarily. When you crossed from unconsciousness to a kind of super-consciousness You essentially opened a door in your minds." Deaton begins explaining.

"So what? The doors still open?" I ask leaning back on my hands.

"Ajar." Deaton corrects.

"A door into our minds?" Stiles questions.

Deaton shrugs. "I did tell you it was risky."

"What do we do about it?" Scott ask.

Deatons face turns up. "Well, that's difficult to answer."

"Oh, no, wait a second, I know that look. That's the "we know exactly what's wrong with you", "but we have no idea how to fix it" look." Stiles points out.

"One thing I do know is that having an opening like that into your mind, it's not good. You each need to close that door. And you need to do it as soon as possible." Deaton urges.

"Well yea. I could've told you that when the little voice in my head started talking to me." I sassed.

Scott goes to say something but stops when the bell to the clinic dings. "Dad." Stiles says as Sheriff Stilinski walks in. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here because I could use some help. Actually both of your help." He points to Scott and I.

"Why us?" Scott ask before I could.

Be sighs before answering. "Because eight years ago, almost an entire family died in a car accident. One of the bodies, a young girl named Malia, was never found. There's enough evidence to have me thinking that That a werewolf could have caused the accident, and then dragged her body away. If you could somehow get a lock on her scent if you could somehow help me find her body, it might provide the missing clue."

"But what if it was a werewolf?" Stiles asks.

"Well," He begins taking a deep breath. "there's somebody out there who murdered an entire family. Someone who still needs to be caught."