Look who's crazy

"Hey. You all right? You ready for school?" Sheriff Stilinski ask knocking on the door and peeking his head in.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good." The Sheriff and I share an unsure look before sighing. "Seriously, I'm fine. It was just a nightmare." He assures as we walk down the stairs. "What's that?" Stiles questions looking at a stack of files on the table.

"That's just, uh, files from the office." He shrugs.

"It says "Sheriff's station, do not remove." I point cocking my head to the side.

Sheriff Stilinski rolls his eyes. "Well, yeah, unless you're the Sheriff."

"Oh." Stiles and I mumble in sync.

"Now get your butts to school, all right?" He smiles at us. It was a weak one but still.

Stiles and I grab our bags and make our way out to the Jeep. "Hey I never asked how you are this morning?" Stiles says as he slips on his seatbelt.

"I'm fine." I lie. Truth is she's still there, I can still feel the addict she's just quite right now. I know the second Stiles leaves my side she'll be there.

"Are you telling me the truth?" He questions staring at me after he backed out of the drive.

"Of course. What makes you think I'm not?" I ask taking his hand.

Stiles sighs and runs his thumb over my hand. "Devin that's the third time you've slipped into my room this week and it's only Wednesday."

I stay silent trying to come up with lie. "I just know you're nightmares aren't as bad when I'm around." I try.

"You'd tell me if something was wrong right?" He test as he stops the car at the red light. His brown eye bore through my soul. He knew, I can tell by the way he was looking at me that he knew.

"How'd you know?" I whisper looking down at my hands.

"You talk in your sleep." He says. "Do you want to actually tell me what's happening inside that pretty little head of yours?"

I scoff. "What's inside is not pretty Stiles." He raises his eyebrow at me in confusion.

I take a deep breath and shake my head. Stiles sighs and lets my hands to his lips kissing the top of it. "Devin I can't help you unless you tell me what's wrong. Let me help you."

"She's always there." I mumble looking down.

"Who? Who is always there?" He questions.

"My addict." I say looking up. "Unless you're around, she's scared of you, I'm not quite sure why though. That's why I keeping sneaking over. You keep her quiet." I admit looking up at him.

"Devin who is the addict?" He asks still confused.

I shrug running a hand through my hair. "I don't know, she looks like me. She's always talking, telling me things, laughing. She thrives off of my pain and when I get angry. When I close my eyes, she haunts my dreams. She alters them turning them into nightmare."

"But she's silent when I'm around?" He ask and I just nod. "Why?"

Again I shrug. "I'm not sure, I've asked but all she says is him."