Lets Play a Game

"Maybe we need a little more time to get back to normal." Scott suggest as Stiles and I stand outside history with him.

Stiles rolls his eyes. "Yeah, try not to forget we hit the reset button on a supernatural beacon for supernatural creatures."

"There's a pretty good chance things are never going back to normal." I add.

Well we don't want them to go back to normal silly.

"Yeah." Scott nods getting a far off look.

"What?" Stiles question as Scott zones out on us. "What is he...." Stiles wonders looking up at me, I can only shrug. "Oh, dude, your eyes." Stiles hisses hitting Scott's shoulder.

"What about them?" Scott ask, his red orbs looking up at us.

"They're glowing!" I snap.

"You mean like right now?" Scott panics.

"Yes, right now. Scott, stop. Stop it." Stiles instructs trying to block Scott from the view of others.

"I can't, I can't control it." Scott pants.

Stiles looks around in panic trying to figure out what to do. "Classroom Stiles." I say starting ahead of them to find an empty one.

"All right, just keep your head down. Look down, come on. Keep your head down." Stiles instructs as I find a room and throw the door open.

"Get back away from me." Scott growls as he throws himself onto a desk.

"Scott it's ok." Stiles says trying to step forward but I grab his arm to keep him from getting to close.

"I don't know what's going to happen. Get back." Scott growls again.

"Pain Scott! Pain!" I rush hoping he remembers what all he's been taught.

I watch as Scott's claws pierce the palm of his hand and blood begins to drip. "Pain makes you human." He pants as he returns to normal.

Ha wow that was a close one. Wonder when I should make you do that ? Tomorrow maybe? Ah I don't know we'll see how I'm feeling.

"Scott, this isn't just in our heads. This is real. And it's starting to get bad for us too. Devin's got an imaginary evil version of herself talking to her. I'm not just having nightmares. I'm having dreams where I have to literally scream myself awake. And sometimes I'm not even sure if I'm actually ever waking up." I snap my eyes towards Stiles as he reveals my secret to Scott.

"Imaginary evil... what?" Scott as baffled.

Stiles turns to me and raises his eyebrow. "He needs to know Dev."

Yea Dev lets tell Scotty! Lets tell him how crazyyyy you are!

I shake my head trying to ignore the addict. "She um she likes to taunt me, haunt my dreams and stuff."

Scott looks at me confused before nodding slowly and looking towards Stiles. "And you?"

"Do you know how you can tell if you're dreaming? You can't read in dreams. More and more, the past few days, I've been having trouble reading. It's like I can't see the words. I can't put the letters in order." I feel a little hurt that I'm just now finding out about his struggles but then again I suppose he just found out about mine as well.

"Even now?" I question cocking my head to the side.

Stiles eyes float to some of the signs around the room. "I can't read a thing."

***********************

After school I decided to go back to my place instead of with Stiles since he was going to put flowers on his mom's grave. I loved Claudia like my own mother but I just feel like that is something him and his dad just need to do together.

"Alright I'll call you later tonight ok?" Stiles says as he puts the Jeep in park in my driveway.

I nod and lean over giving him a kiss. "Sounds good." I smile opening the door.

"Hey." He says catching my arm before I slip all the way out. "I love you."

I smile as I lean forward again pressing another kiss to his lips. "I love you too. I'll talk to you tonight."

"Alright bye babe." He grins as I close the door.

"Bye." I wave. Heading up the steps of the house I unlock the door and step in. "Steve?" I call out. No response, he must still be at the hospital.

"GAME TIME!" My addict sang as she appeared sitting on the counter.

"What do you mean?" I question skeptical.

She smirks jumping down from the counter. "Let's play would you rather." She begins circling me. "Round 1."

With that I'm standing back in our old burned down house. "Would you rather save Derek... or Cora." She taunts as both appear in front of me. Derek was being tortured by the Argents and Cora was coughing up black blood again as the Darach stood over her.

"You have 2 minutes. Ready. Go." My addict grins.

My eyes scan between the two. Derek. Derek is who I need to save. I extend my claws as I charge towards Gerard Argent and throwing him across the old house. I feel a shot in my shoulder and look up to see Kate pointing a gun at me. I stumble towards her and begin clawing, she shoots me again but I somehow manage to get her gun away from her and throw it across the room as I pin her to the ground. "You deserve to die bitch." I growl before ripping her throat out.

I'm about to go in again for another tear but Kate is no longer under me and I am no longer in the old house but now outside in the woods. I hear clapping and I look up to see my addict sitting on a tree breach swinging her legs. "Very nice, a minute and a half. I think that's a new record for the first round."

"Where are we?" I question looking around and not recognizing this part of the woods.

"Round 2 time." She smiles ignoring my question. She snaps her fingers and Stiles and Steve appear before me. Stiles being cornered by Derek and Cora; and Steve being cornered by Scott and Isaac. "I'll give you 5 on this one, choose wisely."

"No." I cry shaking my head and not wanting to pick. How am I supposed to choose between the man who raised me and the love of my life?

"Tick tock. Tick tock." She hums sitting on the branch.

I remain still looking between the two. I watch as Derek pounces on Stiles taking a bit out of him. As Stiles yells out in pain my instincts react and I charge into save him. I reach Derek and try to throw him but he quickly deflects as he tosses me against a tree.

I groan hitting it but stand back up letting a low growl rumble from my chest. Derek and I begin circling each other, sizing one another up. A groan from Stiles makes me turn to him giving Derek the chance to attack. He lunges at me knocking me to the ground as we begin fighting back and forth. I finally gain the advantage at one point and flip so that I am on top. I raise my claws to rip his throat out and.....

"Devin! Devin stop it! Devin snap out of it!" My eyes blur in and out but when the come into focus I am no longer in the woods and Derek is no longer the person under me. Instead I'm in my destroyed kitchen and Steve lay under me gripping my shoulders and shaking me.

Aw but the game wasn't over.

I let out a sob once I take in what just happened. I drop my claws and scramble back from Steve into the corner of the kitchen. I pull my knees to my chest as I let out more sobs. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I cry.

I feel Steve's arms wrap around me as he rocks back and forth. "Shhhhh it's ok. You're ok." He whispers as he cradles me.

"She made me do it. I'm so sorry." I continue to sobs.

"I know. Shhhh I know." He whispers kissing my head. "You're ok Little Wolf. You're ok."

•••••••••••••
A/N
Ok so I just wanted to say idk why but I love this chapter! I hope you all are kinda grasping what Devin is going through. I'd really love to hear some comments so fire away!