District 1 Reaping

OK, so this is my first fan fiction that I actually get to publish, just the fact your reading this is amazing to me! So I promise I will update 3 times a week, maybe more. The games will be told by mutable tributes point of view. My friend wants to help me write it so not all of the chapters will be written by me. Anyway, I think that settles it. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Also, before I start, there will be a sponcer system announced before the games begin, so you can impact which tribute wins. I'll tell you how it works when the time comes, in the mean time I recommend thinking about who is your favorite tribute is, you will only be able to sponcer one.....

Anyway, here's my first chapter, I hope you enjoy!

District 1 Reaping

Georgette:

I am Georgette. Georgette Channel. I am beautiful,  I am fierce, I am a career, and I get what I want.

And when I don't get what I want?

Well theres Hell to pay.

Don't get me wrong. I'm no brat, I'm actually apart of one of the poorer families in district 1. (Not that I'd ever admit that to anyone.) I'm just as stubborn as they come and won't stop working until I've reached my goal.

My goal changes a lot, sometimes it's a dream, sometimes it's a new fighting technique, sometimes its as simple as a diet.... and sometimes like today, it's revenge.

The sun was still low as I sat alone outside the old bakery waiting for my friend Ameile to show up. Ameile was the only person on earth who knew the true me, all my family's problems, my weaknesses and my strengths and I turn I knew everything about her. We were like sisters... Sometimes I swear we were separated at birth or something. Every morning we would meet here to discuss our lives and such, the bakery was the ideal place to do it too. No one lived near by, it was forgotten by all and all the locks on the doors still worked for privacy.

I sigh, she was late. Today of all days she was late! I needed her help to work out the kinks in my plan! I stomped my foot impatiently as the cold morning breeze blew by my face making me shiver as it tussled my long blond hair.

Toward the east I could see the sun rising, the sunrise was dull, the sun pale as it slowly inched upwards through the sky. I briefly wondered if the sun was ever late... Then promptly cursed myself for being stupid. What kind of question was that? I sounded like a scientist or something stupid like that.

Suddenly Ameile's brawny figure was visible in the distance as she ran forward. I crossed my arms over my chest and tapped my foot more visibly so she could see I was impatient.

"What took you so long?" I demanded

"My mom." She said flatly scratching her short spiked hair on her head. "She wanted to know where I was going because the reaping is later, speaking of which," she smiled "Rumor has it that your volunteering."

"Rumor is correct." I grinned, but then frowned as the more pressing matter accrued to me. "Come inside... We have a lot to talk about." I said quickly, opening the creaky old door that led into the musty old bakery's cafe.

Ameile shut the door behind us as I selected a somewhat stable looking table and sat down, wiping the dust that had settled away.

Ameile took the seat across from mine, it promptly cracked under her weight. We both sat there startled for a minute before we burst out laughing hysterically. Ameile stood up and kicked the broken remains of the chair, "Stupid chair tried to murder me!" Which only made us laugh harder as she went to grab a chair from another table. This one held firm and we slowly able to get control of ourselves.