District 4 Reaping

District 4 Reaping

Cheshire Hydra:

I heard it once said that their was a fine line between sanity and insanity, I've just never really been sure where exactly that line is. I lay on my back lazily chewing on some seagrass as the morning sun beat down on me. Technically, what even defines the term 'sane'? I snorted, I oughta murder whoever it was, then I paused frowning as I realized, with my luck someone had beaten me to it.

I rolled over onto my stomach and ran some sand through my hands unhappily. Everyone was always calling me insane, retarded, or as some of the adults who were trying to be nice put it; mentally unstable. What the poor peasants just didn't understand was the fact that my brain was simply more evolved than theirs. I sigh rather dramatically as I finally came to my conclusion; geniuses are never appreciated until they are dead.

Suddenly I heard footsteps approaching, I rolled over and sat up shaking the sand from my hair. A squabblefinder was making its way up the beach, it's white shiny uniform glistening in the sun. Squabblefinders, I believe, are the dumbest of all creatures on the earth, while I have never had a chance to study their IQ in depth, judging by their primal interactions they are about as smart as the average rock. Surprisingly though, they are one of us humans closest realities.

I quickly take out my notepad and begin to sketch it in its natural habitat. The squabblefinder noticed me and walked over.

"What are you doing little girl?" It asked, it's voice deep and musty. I shivered with excitement, finally a chance to study it's IQ!!!!

"Drawing you in your natural habitat!!!" I squealed a little too happily.

The squabblefinder's answer was delayed, it seemed taken aback by my answer.... Interesting, very interesting I would have to document this later. "Well cut it out!!!" It said "Don't you have somewhere to be?!"

I nodded "I'm supposed at the career training center, but I'm not." I suppose my unyielding honestly is one of my worse traits, especially when it came to situation in particular. Squabblefinder's are called that for a reason, they seem to think they're in charge of everyone around them and it often causes trouble..... The trick is to know how to put 'em in their place.

"And why aren't you where your supposed to be?" It asked authoritatively, now came the tricky part.

"Because I don't want to be there. I have better things to do." I said flatly, crossing my long arms across my chest.

"Look, you need to go to your training. Here let me escort you there." The squabblefinder said aggressively grabbing my wrist, I shot to my feet and twisted from its grip,and quickly threw my heel into his chin. It connected with a devastating crack, as the squabblefinder collapsed to the ground, unconscious.

I frowned as I realized that I would no longer be able to study the squabblefinder in its natural habitat..... I could always drag it back to my house and put it in a cage and study it there..... Or I could dissect it..... Or best of all I COULD GO FISHING!!!!!!

I grinned, it had been forEVER sense I had a chance to fish for sharks, I had missed the rough bitter meat they had!!! No wait!!!! Now I was CRAVING it!!!! I grinned crazily as I searched through my ever present utility belt for some rope, upon finding it I quickly tied its limbs together. As soon as I was satisfied the knot would hold I grabbed the end of the rope and began dragging the bait away.

"You get a line, I'll get a pole, we'll go fishing for some sharks in a hole....." I sang my original parody softly as I reached the path that led up the cliff to my favorite fishing spot. I sigh. Why did the squabblefinder have to be so heavy? I cursed gravity as I started to trudge up the path.