MISTLETOE AND WINE

By: @tenshi_serenity
For: @Lyen523 (Mamy Jen)

Prompt:

The Christmas gift that Maine gave RJ is a positive pregnancy test

****

Four years into the marriage, a bond that has been forged from the beginning, a union that has been everything but real suprisingly has still both of them here.

"So....a year to go and we're out." Maine says blankly at RJ who was reading the morning paper as usual.

"Yes" he says as he scans the paper. "A year to go and finally I'm out of this marriage. Hallelujah."

Maine glares at her pseudo husband and says "Yes, you're happy because you get to flirt with all those whores legally."

RJ looks at her and smirks "Wag mo akong igaya sa pagiging flirty mo with who the hell is that again? Uh, Marco?"

She throws the dishrag at him in annoyance and walks out as she hears his laughter resonating.

No one knows of their arrangement but their families, their parents most especially. They're the ones who planned it all. For the merging of the business they say, but Maine could definitely feel that this is due to their annoying agreement of marrying into the family.

"But mom, why me? Why not ate?" Maine had a tantrum fit when she learned of the arranged marriage.

"Maine, your elder sister is getting married. Hindi naman pwede yung kuya mo he has a girlfriend. Ikaw lang talaga."

Maine side-eyes her elder sister who innocently looks away "Mom, the reason why she went ahead and got herself engaged is because she doesn't want to get married to him. My ghad!"

Her elder sister looks at her, hands in chest and says "At least kilala mo na siya walang adjustment. We've known each other since we were kids. Ayaw mo ba nun?"

"Eh kilala pala natin eh, bakit hindi na lang ikaw ang magpakasal sa kanya. Hiwalayan mo boyfriend mo."

"Ano ako, pedo bear? Mas malapit siya sa age mo eh. Moooom!"

"Honey think about it, for us....for the future of our business and besides its not like hindi natin kilala ang mga Faulkerson. You've known each other since you were practically in diapers."

"But he annoys me to bits. Ugh. Okay fine, I accept the challenge in one condition. The marriage lasts for five years.....five years and I'm out. Deal?"

"Honey...." her mom looks at her, pleading but sighs when she sees that she doesn't budge. Once Maine becomes stubborn, nothing and no one could ever sway her. "Deal."

"Jen. JEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNN!"

"Huy Jen, tawag ka ni madam. Naku, mukhang mainit yung ulo." Someone tells Maine's executive secretary. She just shakes her head and gets into her boss' office.

Jen sees Maine currently massaging her temple when she arrives as she places her favorite coffee in front of her.

"Bad morning?" She says as she hands off the documents that needs to be signed for the day.

Maine looks at Jen and is thankful that despite of her mood swings every morning, she can trust her to give her what she needs. Jen isn't just a secretary, she too is a friend. "The worst."

"Is this about RJ?" She says her eyes twinkling. Aside from their families, Jen is the only person who has knowlege of the arrangement. "Sabi ko naman sayo eh, totohanin nyo nang dalawa. Bagay naman kayo."