DEAR NO ONE

By: @anaen013

For: @umagangkaykilig

Prompt:
"Kahit nasaan ka pa, pupuntahan kita."

****

Maine

It's Christmas Time again, her second least favorite occasion, well, next to Valentine's Day. Don't get her wrong, she knows it is such a lovely occasion, a time of giving and loving, but she just can't help but feel jealous when everyone around you seems to be in love except for you... that they have someone to cuddle with in this sweater weather, someone to share a cup of hot choco with... someone to... love romantically. It looks like the holiday season has been another opportunity for lovers to publicly display their affection aside from Valentine's Day. And here she is alone in this café, a table for one. Yes, welcome to her league, Samahang Malamig ang Pasko.

She stared at the empty seat in front of her and just sighed. As far as she could remember, she has always been a nice person, why can't Santa grant her wish?

"Ang bigat naman kasi ng wish mo, hindi yan kasya sa Christmas stockings."

"Ate AM," Maine turned her head and saw her ate, her sister from another mother. She is the attendant of this coffee shop that she frequented whenever she wanted to have her "me" time.

AM sat at the empty chair across her and peered at the Christmas Wishlist that Maine was writing. She knew Maine and it has been a habit for her every Christmas to write her wishlist and lovelife is a perennial part of it.

"Hinahanap kasi yan girl."

"Ate AM, hindi ba pwedeng ako na lang ang hanapin niya," Maine sighed. "Yung parang fairy tale, parang sa mga romance novels, that moment your eyes will lay on each other and there will be fireworks everywhere."

"Wow, kaya ka NBSB e. Napaka- hopeless romantic mo. Alam mo mamaya yan, baka maging hopeless ka na lang."

"Grabe siya ha! Si Gara nga na NBSB at hopeless romantic nakahanap ng Andrew. Waiting lang din naman ako, baka nadelay lang din sa customs yung akin."

"Pelikula yun, girl." AM retorted, only to be returned by a scowl from Maine.

"Walang basagan ng trip, pwede. Pasko naman, hindi ba? Libre mangarap at magwish. Pwedeng makisama."

"Sabihin mo yan, kay Jolina wish-a-wish-a-wish-a-wish-wish-wish! Bakit kasi hindi ka na lang sumama sa family reunion niyo at hindi ka nagpapakaloner dito?"

"Mafru-frustrate lang ako doon lalo, may mga makukulit na tita na ang laging opening remarks ay 'bakit wala ka pang boyfriend?' saka OP lang ako, lahat doon may mga naka-angklang jowa." Maine said as she propped her hand under her chin, bitterness obviously dripping from the tone of her voice which made AM laugh.

"Galing mong kaibigan, Ate AM e." Maine answered sarcastically, "Tawanan ba ako? Tulungan mo na lang akong mag-orasyon kay 'the one'."

"Ewan ko sayo, makabalik na nga sa trabaho. Punta ka na lang sa Christmas Café event, baka mahanap mo si forever," AM said, standing up and walking back behind the counter. With a pout on Maine's face, she went back to her wishlist. She pulled another piece of colored paper and began writing something on it.

"Suntok sa buwan to ha," she took a deep breath before scribbling the words that's in her mind at that moment. "Lord please..."

Dear no one,

Nasaan ka na ba? Hindi ka pa ba nashi-ship ni Santa? I have been waiting for quite some time already. Hindi ka ba magpapakita? Here na me. Where na you? Hay, sana magpakita ka sa Christmas Café. Maghihintay lang ako rito.