CHRISTMAS WITH THE FAULKERSONS

By: mdiestr
For: msgerbie
Prompt: Confused but open-minded Maine

//

A blaring sound of alarm covered the entire room. I grunted and shrug it off making it fall and breaks off. I sigh and lazily get up picking the pieces one by one.

Ang gandang pambungad sa umaga ano?

I make my way to the CR and prepares for school.

Another day, another shit. Tapos maririnig mo pa ang mga Christmas song na piniplay sa radyo, ugh.

On my way to school, I contemplate on what will happen. Last night, my parents announced that I am set to marry the one and only son of the Faulkerson Group of Companies. Well, it's technically not a problem since I have sort of accepted my fate but their son is one of the most arrogant bastards. Not to mention that he's a known playboy.

I cringe at the thought. How am I supposed to live with a man like him? Hindi pa ba sapat na parusa na walang pakialam ang parents ko sa amin ng kapatid ko? Now, I will have to start living my life with that... that asshole. Ang sayang Christmas gift lang.

We've arrived at the school and I hastily went out the car without waiting for our driver to open it for me. Wala talaga ako sa mood ngayon.

I made my way up to the third floor where our class for baking would be. Kaklase ko si Faulkerson dito, jusko, alam na kaya nya?

My heart was pounding the moment I entered the room. Ewan ko kung bakit kabang kaba ako. Ano naman kung alam na nya? Like that would change anything di ba?

My eyes immediately searched for him. He was there, exactly 3 feet away from me, laughing at something his friend said. Medyo, nakahinga naman ako ng maluwag dun so I made my way to my station and greeted Valeen and Pat.

"Uy girl! Buti you're here na. Totoo ba?" it was Pat.

I feel my heart made it's way to my throat. Jusko! Alam na ba ng buong klase?

My initial instinct is to search for Faulkerson. He might've told everyone and I will make sure that he won't be able to do that.

I turn to the direction where I saw him earlier but he was no longer there. I turn to the other side, then to another but he was nowhere to be found. Where is he?

I felt a hand tugging my arm quite relentlessly.

"Ouch Val, what is it ba?" I look at her at saw her looking at someone or something behind me so I followed her gaze.

It's Faulkerson.

"We need to talk." he told me with his husky, deep voice. I squirm under his penetrating gaze but I refuse to let myself be more affected.

I cleared my throat when I felt it's gonna squeak before speaking. "No. The class is about to start. We can talk later."

I swear I heard Val and Pat squealed and I almost rolled my eyes at them if I didn't find myself being pulled away. What the hell?

I tried to break free from his hold but he's so strong. He only let me go when we're a few meters away from the prying eyes of our classmates.

I nurse my arm who has turned red due to his stronghold and stomp my feet. "What the hell is your problem Faulkerson?"

"Well to start with, wala akong problema. Ikaw meron ba?"

Napasinghal ako. Nakakairita talaga ang pagka presko nitong lalaking to. Sagad hanggang buto.