prologue.part2

Prologue Part Two

PEOPLE were definitely shocked when Lucas walked through the doors with Ava in his arms, who left a small patch of drool on his top as she slept soundly. Miss Lillian, on the other hand, was not so relaxed - immediately telling one of the pack members to get the Alpha.

"Who is this, Lucas?" She said once he placed Ava gently on the coach, as if she were made of the finest China. Many had offered to help carry the girl but Lucas simply ignored them and pushed their arms out of the way. His mission was putting her on the comfortable coach and covering her with the softest blanket he could find as she slept in peace.

"Ava."

He sat next to her on and ran his fingers through her hair. Lucas found he liked doing that. It was just so soft.

"Poor thing looks like she's been in battle!" One of the pack members had said not so quietly, making Lucas growl. He didn't want people to wake her up and he also didn't appreciate the insult given to his little Ava.

People gasped but Lucas ignored them. They were always so dramatic. He looked at Miss Lillian briefly and saw her nodding to herself. "She must be his mate. So young." She whispered, again to herself. Lucas hoped she wasn't going crazy. It would be a shame to have to lose her since she was the one who mostly raised him.

When she saw the confused look on his face, she shook her head of the thoughts and told everyone to leave the room, which they did immediately. They always listened to Miss Lillian. Even though she wasn't high up in the pack, everyone respected her. She was almost like a second Luna. Except she was in charge of cleaning and cooking.

"Lucas. Where did you find her?" She said softly, wanting to calm him down. All this confusion and the looks pack members were giving each other felt like he was missing something. He didn't like to be left out. Especially if it concerned him and possibly Ava.

"On my tree. She was stuck. I helped her." Not once taking his eyes of Ava, as if she would disappear from him.

He could practically feel the confusion rolling off her but he couldn't really tell her much more as he didn't know himself. It was also rare for Lucas to show so much affection to anything and then this little girl has showed people a side nobody had seen before. Of course she would be confused.

"Well, ok. Let's get her cleaned up. You should probably go up and take a bath. You still have some dried up blood on you." She moved towards Ava so Lucas turned and blocked her.

"No. I'll stay with Ava." He said, slightly glaring but also holding it in considering he knew she had much more power over the boy and could easily ban him from deserts.

Miss Lillian sighed. "Lucas. I know you are feeling very protective right now and that must be a strange feeling but you have to let me take care of this little girl."

He thought it through and came to the conclusion Miss Lillian wouldn't do anything to hurt Ava.

If she did, he'd have her head.

So he moved out of the way but amidst all the talking, they had forgotten to lower their voice and had awoken Ava. Her little hand was holding Lucas' top tightly in a fist, eyes wide as she took in her new surroundings.

"Lu Lu." She whimpered, tugging his top and pulling him closer. Lucas immediately moved closer to her and let her head rest on his chest.

"It's Lucas, Ava."

"Lu Lu!" She screamed in his ear, making him wince. He decided that she wouldn't give up so ignored the unique nickname.

"Ava. This is Miss Lillian." He gestured towards the old lady, gazing at them in awe and curiosity.